"Mobile Network" greyed out
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Sometimes I will completely lose my data connection on this phone and when I go Quick Settings I noticed that the "Mobile Network" check box will be unchecked and greyed out so I can't even re-check it to enable the mobile network.  This has happened several times randomly and I know that I'm not accidentally unchecking the Mobile Network box. A power cycle will fix the problem but I shouldn't be forced to do multiple power cycles every day.

I'm also having the phone constantly switch from 3G to 1X to no data at all while my phone sits in the same spot on my desk.

I've tried *#*#4636#*#* and *22899 and ##778 and nothing has fixed the issue.   I've also enabled data roaming.

Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Re: "Mobile Network" greyed out
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked that the wifi isnt on because I have seen this happen when the wifi starts scanning for a connection when it sees a wifi connection?

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

Have you checked that the wifi isnt on because I have seen this happen when the wifi starts scanning for a connection when it sees a wifi connection?

Wi-fi is off when this happens.

I've downloaded the LTE On/Off app from the Market and that seems to be able to bring the data connection back but it's still ridiculous that I have to download a separate app and use it 5-10 times a day just to be able to have a working data connection.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I have seen this grayed out issue occasionally as well. I haven't been able to determine a pattern to why or when.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1
I also get this. I restart and it takes like 5 min and data is back. Also it will happen if I go into a building that I don't get service in. I go back outside and it goes to 1x and will not return to 3g even trying to disable and then enable data widget also tried airplane mode and that doesn't help, only restarting phone brings back 3g
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have seen it occasionally, I usually notice it when I am at work and I am listing to Pandora or TuneIn Radio...   Everyone with this issue are you in a new or recent added 4g area when you notice the drop?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildman wrote:

I have seen it occasionally, I usually notice it when I am at work and I am listing to Pandora or TuneIn Radio...   Everyone with this issue are you in a new or recent added 4g area when you notice the drop?

If you count since September as recent. The only place I know that I have seen it is in my usual troubled area. Inside a multi-story office building in downtown. I can't verify anywhere else.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

Wildman wrote:

I am in a new 4G area but I was having this issue prior to 4G being turned on. 

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The issue is that before the 4g switch was powered on in some areas it effected the 3g data also because of the intergration process and I understood that.  I am hoping for a stable connection, even for a little while because my job require me to access online data regularly and my patence is running thin.

0 Likes
motoryder
Contributor - Level 1
I am in a 3g area. I get 4g Dec 15. I work 3rd shift so I only notice it then., as I sleep during the day. It almost happens every night.
0 Likes