ringtones and pictures
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Just recently my phone has lost some pictures, music, and also when rebooted the ringtone is reset to default. Even though the ringtone is reset often times some of my music is used as a ringtone from callers. I think this is a fairly common complaint but would like to know if others are experiencing this with their phone running current software.

0 Likes
Re: ringtones and pictures
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Also upon the last few reboots a box comes up saying "an error occurred, please try again later".

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon lemew,

I would be concerned if I lost some of my meaningful photos as well. Additionally, it must be frustrating if you aren't able to maintain assigned ringtones.

Are the missing photos saved on the memory card or on the device itself?

Did you attempt a hard reset, when you are describing the "reboot?" If you did complete a hard reset, the ringtones would be set back to the default. Did you find that after you reassigned the ringtones, the default ringtone was prompted again?

I have included a link below to assist with the hard reset. We are not reporting known issues with the loss of photos or ringtone assignments with the latest software release.

http://goo.gl/SuccD

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

Performed hard reset and all was well. It wouldn't be a problem if this were not the 4th or 5th time I have had to do this since getting the phone in November. I am afraid this will wear out a device very quickly. I am also curious about seeing active data sessions with "mobile data off" unchecked. There is something wrong with this phone.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon lemew,

I understand it must be frustrating to have to replace your device multiple times. We are confident your latest replacement will meet your needs. If you experience further difficulties, we can certainly review additional options. What specific active data sessions are you referring to? Are they for apps or for your browser?

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I've never replaced the device I ordered.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i would return it under warranty and have them ship you another one.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

And end up being charged full price for a refurbished phone......no thanks.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

then you have no options. keep doing factory resets. resetting it will not wear it out in any way. however, if you reset it and it still isn't working properly, than it's broken. you'd rather have a broken phone because you paid full price for it, than a refurb that actually works? i've bought refurbs and there was absolutely no way to tell that it wasn't brand new.

0 Likes
lemew
Contributor - Level 3

I got the phone subsidized with a new two year contract in November. As I stated, the reset helped and so far so good really. All phones are a little buggy. None are perfect. I am doing okay with what I have atm. I would just as soon keep the original Thunderbolt that I ordered and am using now.

0 Likes