ringtones
gators

I just purchased a ringtone from Vcast Tones.  How do I upload it on my phone?  I can see it in my Vcast Tones app under 'recent purchases' however it does not appear under my list of ringtone options.

0 Likes
Re: ringtones
AZSALUKI
Legend

did it not send you a text with an file attached?

0 Likes
gators

no, I did not receive a text

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

sorry i can't be more help. i've never purchased tones from verizon. fyi....there are apps with TONS of free ringtones if you'd like to check them out. i like zedge.

0 Likes
Not applicable

It's strange that you didn't get a text message.  There are several things that could be the cause of this.  Do you have text blocked on your account?  Are you sure you purchased a ringtone through www.vzw.com ? Some people choose the cheaper options in the list and end up with a ringback tone or an mp3 file.  Are you sure you picked ringtone when you purchased it?  That's generally the #1 or #2 culprits.

Please provide as much detail as possible so we can help you get your ringtone.

Thanks,

0 Likes
samoring

Mike,

I am having the exact same issue. I see that the original poster didn't respond, but maybe you can still help others of us who are going through the same problem?

I used the VCAST app on my new LG Cosmos 2. I downloaded two ringtones, but never got text messages about them. In the VCAST app, and when I check on the Verizon website, they are there as having been downloaded. I can set them as default ringtones from the app, and that works (when I get calls, it rings with those tones). But they are nowhere on my phone itself, so I cannot set them as tones for individual contacts.

Thanks for any advice...

0 Likes