sms error
MeganLM1128

I just got my phone tonight and i keep getting an error message service not available (which i have signal) Cause code : 97 error class : 3

I ordered my phone via amazonwirless.com

HELP!!!!!! what do i do????

0 Likes
Re: sms error
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried reprogramming the phone to the Verizon Wireless network?  Maybe something didn't get setup right when you activated the phone.

Dial *228, option 1

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: sms error
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello MeganLM1128,

Ann154 provided us with a great step on how to get your service working. Thanks Ann154! Were you able to successfully get your device activated? If not then I can certainly assist with this process. May I ask did you upgrade to a new device or is this a new line of service? If this is an upgrade then I recommend removing the battery from your previous phone prior to calling *228 and selecting option 1 to program the HTC Rhyme. If this is a new line or service then please send me a direct message with your full name, mobile number, and account number so I can verify provisioning. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes