so how is the battery???
AZSALUKI
Legend

i'm itchin to get the tbolt, but real sketchy about the battery life. has anyone paid enough attention to the stats to let us know how much actual use time you get from one full charge? my incredible barely gets 2.5 hours now and it's become very annoyting. i'm REALLY hoping the tbolt can somehow get closer to 4 hours of actual use (i could get through a full day if i could get 2-3 hours of "awake" time and another 10-12 hours of "up" time). thanks for any input here!!!!

0 Likes
Re: so how is the battery???
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

theres a thread over on androidforums inthe tb general section

most say there wont be def answers for about a week, until the battery is broken in and people stop playing with em :smileyhappy:

but this is the one i find interesting

With moderate use I went from 100% to 5% in 7 hours (1 hour of streaming pandora, one 13 minute phone call, light texting, web surfing, emailing, and general "set up" of the homescreens, downloading apps, etc). That's not very good...but more to come in the next few days from numerous people around here

oh and they are performing dentistry already :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
carlosclarkmd

I've just been dorking around trying to learn simple things like setting profiles a coulple of phone calls and such.  No browsing, playing music, etc and my battery life is about 50% after about 4-5 hours.  I work in healthcare and have 30+ hour shifts sometimes so this isn't looking good for me..

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

most say there wont be def answers for about a week, until the battery is broken in and people stop playing with em :smileyhappy:

With moderate use I went from 100% to 5% in 7 hours (1 hour of streaming pandora, one 13 minute phone call, light texting, web surfing, emailing, and general "set up" of the homescreens, downloading apps, etc). That's not very good...but more to come in the next few days from numerous people around here

yeah....but his "moderate" use sounds more than moderate to me. he's got 1.25 hours just on pandora and calls. if he was messin around setting things up, downloading apps, and surfing, that could easily be 3-4 hours of actual use couldn't it? 

0 Likes
MRW1215

I've heard, though, that better, longer-lasting batteries could come out. Actually, I'm curious to know if there are any available now. Anyone know? I don't know how phone batteries work, so I don't know if each phone needs a specific type of battery, or if it's more generalized. I plan to get a Thunderbolt in April, but I want to squeeze a longer battery life out of it than 3 hours... It'd be nice to look into a battery now, so I can just pop that one in from the get go, and not worry about the default one at all. I don't want anything that's going to require a new back casing for the phone, though (as in, the battery would be too big physically to fit with the basic casing).

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

mdram4x4 wrote:

yeah....but his "moderate" use sounds more than moderate to me. he's got 1.25 hours just on pandora and calls. if he was messin around setting things up, downloading apps, and surfing, that could easily be 3-4 hours of actual use couldn't it? 

yep, his useage seems on the high side, everyone fiddles around alot when they get it.  it doesnt sound like its all that bad to me.  hows 1 hour of pandora on your current phone?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

one hour of straight streaming would knock it down to about 60%. i don't stream much unless i'm at work or in the car where it can be plugged in. i can get 2-2.5 hours of actual use and enough standby time to get me through a day (usually). but it is getting annoying because on heavy days, i feel like it's constantly plugged in. i also have a spare at home and in the car so if i just don't want to plug it in, i don't have to (2 cheapies on ebay for $12 total...lol). it didn't bother me for a long time, but it's getting pretty annoying lately. this also could be because i get less life now than last year. i suppose the battery does lose life over time. when i got the phone i could EASILY get 3.5 hours of use. if i could get that from the tbolt then i'd be sold. ironically, i'm up for an upgrade now, but my NE2 isn't until the 29th.....so i guess i'll watch the battery reviews.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

MRW1215 wrote:

I've heard, though, that better, longer-lasting batteries could come out. Actually, I'm curious to know if there are any available now. Anyone know? I don't know how phone batteries work, so I don't know if each phone needs a specific type of battery, or if it's more generalized. I plan to get a Thunderbolt in April, but I want to squeeze a longer battery life out of it than 3 hours... It'd be nice to look into a battery now, so I can just pop that one in from the get go, and not worry about the default one at all. I don't want anything that's going to require a new back casing for the phone, though (as in, the battery would be too big physically to fit with the basic casing).

there will be extended batteries by then (if there aren't already). not sure if they will require a larger back door? most HTC's now have a 1750 (the stock batteries for most are 1300-1400) that doesn't require a different back door, and then much larger ones (2200 and 3500) that come with a new back door and bulk up the phone.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

i did a quick google search and saw a 2750 mah bat for it, it comes with a new door, the stock is 1400

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mdram4x4 wrote:

i did a quick google search and saw a 2750 mah bat for it, it comes with a new door, the stock is 1400

cool....i'm hoping for a 1750 (like the eris and incredible). that would easily get me through the day without making an already fat phone even fatter....lol. to me, just one more hour of actual use time would make ALL the difference in the world. i still don't get why, if they can fit a 1750 in it, they don't just come with them. it's the biggest complaint i see with htc devices. i'm sure they love to sell the extra batteries though.

0 Likes