Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
so how is the new 2.3.4 update
scottthreet32
0 Likes
Re: so how is the new 2.3.4 update
RMLJ
Novice
To me a lot better than past updates. There are a few little things but nothing major that I have found. I think I went over 13 hours yesterday on battery with plenty to go i think it was like 43% remaining when I plugged it up.
0 Likes
scottthreet32
anyone use everyone auto answer if so does it still work or did it die with update.???
0 Likes
scottthreet32
Does anyone use auto answer by everysoft does it work with gingerbread 2.3.4 or did update kill it.
0 Likes
stargazer72460

scottthreet, I did not have that application on my phone before the latest gingerbread update.  I downloaded it and tried it out.  It forced close on me, I tried three different wait settings and it "crashed" on all of them.  I have removed the app from my phone.

0 Likes
scottthreet32
thank you that's all I needed to know, 2.3.4 update Google has denied some call permissions with gingerbread
0 Likes
djysrv

Flawless update. So far everything works. I'll be back if I find any exceptions. Now at 2.34.

0 Likes
chuckwilmot

So far it's good.  A few subtle changes which are welcome fixes (for example, scrolling through apps will stop at each screen full now, rather than continuing to coast through).  I had downloaded Skype a while back and then discovered the back camera problem and uninstalled it in disgust.  I reloaded Skype and tried it out just now, and it works perfectly.

0 Likes
wynae99

Good afternoon all....

I have been following the forum for months waiting for this GB to finally help with alot of the same little issues that I have been experiencing as most of you on here... But I don't stay up completely on this so could someone please take a moment and explain to me ALL THE NEW FUN THINGS IN GB????? lol... I see the apps screens changed and my drop down notifications screen change but what else??? I want to have some serious fun with my phone now that it's SHOULD be finally working up to par...  O and it does move alot faster I can agree with that... Thanks SOOOO much in advance... And if this is a repeated question (which I am sure it is I am NOT going thru months of comments to find it..lol..sorry) please accept my apologies...

Thanks again.. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
sherweed
I am having a serious problem since the update. Whenever I use 4G, my battery drains in less than an hour and my phone gets so hot that I can't hold it. I have to switch the phone to 3G and reboot to fix it. Verizon tech support says this is not a known issue but I have seen other posts complaining about this issue.
0 Likes