still no software update
vasdu12

I've had a thunderbolt since it was released and have yet to recieve an operating system update.  Clicking 'Check New' under software updates opens a dialog that says checking for updates.  After a few seconds the dialog closes with no message or update.

I've tried:

-battery/sim pull

-Factory reset

- LTE ONOFF to toggle 1x/3g/4g

- Calling the CHECKIN number

My android/software version are:

Android version - 2.2.1

software number: 1.13.605.7

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: still no software update
lemew
Contributor - Level 3
Good question. I am not able to receive any either. I wonder if mine is properly activated. What is the checkin number that you can call?
0 Likes
vasdu12

Dial: *#*#CHECKIN#*#*

You won't have to hit call when you finish typing it.  It should do it's thing on it's own.

0 Likes
bagart58

Didn't think you could use that dial in code on a Thunderbolt. It would work other android that are not LTE or smartphones! Tried that on mine and never did anything but lock it up and had to do a battery pull. To get get mine to update I shut it down and pulled the battery,sim card,and SD card then waited for about 5 minutes. I then put it back together restarted the phone and waited a minute or two for everything to load and then went to settings,software update,check new and it found it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The checkin code works for the Thunderbolt. It is the activation code *228, options 1 or 2 that are not needed for Verizon phones with 4G LTE SIM cards.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes