Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thunderbolt..check new and disapeers?
katiestupendous
I have a Thunderbolt with 2.2.1 and I know gingerbread was released. So i go into Software Update and check new and it loads for 5 seconds and then disapeers! And i have good 3g service too. Whats going on?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: thunderbolt..check new and disapeers?
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 hours to download....lol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Try restarting and then try, usually this is caused by a app blocking the app from completing, you are not using a task killer are you?  If you are disable it..

0 Likes
katiestupendous
I uninstalled all task killers and only have system apps running and I also just performed a restart. No solution yet...
0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

My Droid X did the same thing and a hard reset worked for me....  Have you tried booting into safe mode and try update to see if that helped?

Enable Safe mode

1. With the device powered down, press and hold the power button.
    Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. When the second HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the volume down key.
    Press and hold the volume down key
  3. Release the volume down key when Safe mode is displayed at the lower-left.
    This may take up to 30 seconds.
    Device in safe mode

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

katiestupendous wrote:
I have a Thunderbolt with 2.2.1 and I know gingerbread was released. So i go into Software Update and check new and it loads for 5 seconds and then disapeers! And i have good 3g service too. Whats going on?

I had that issue when waiting for the update to fix the reboot bug.  I eventually was able to get the update about a week later by checking the "check new" at that point.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

i had the issue for a previous update and i had to use "LTE OnOff" and force it to 1X (turn off 4g and 3g) and t found it on 1X??? don't ask me why, but it worked for many of us. but then took 2 hours to download....lol

0 Likes