thunderbolt firmware upgrade problems
JOLTMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Thunderbolt upgrade the firmware last night and now I cannot load my text messages. It just spins and say "please wait"

How can I fix this...I already powered down...took out battery...what can I do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: thunderbolt firmware upgrade problems
Lightman500
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I found worked for me is to reboot the Thunderbolt (not factory reset) give it a minute to boot up then access Messages.  Let the phone work... set it down and let it restore the messages. 

It took sevreral tries and finally I let it sit there for ~ 5 to 10 minutes doing nothing else but waiting on Messaging system.  Eventually the messages loaded and they appear to be working OK.... a different format, but they work.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
siglerwm

I'm having the same issues. Would love to know if there's a way to fix this or another upgrade coming SOON in order to resolve the issue...

0 Likes
JOLTMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

i just want to know if there is something I need to turn on or off to make it work...I rely on my text messages. I cant be without for too long.

also in my app setting I have a message app and a message widget...do I need both?

0 Likes
elloco4life

having the same issue too since 8 oclock this morning.I power down 3 times the third time it was off for 3 hrs and still nothing. everything is working sooooooooooooooo slow or not at all even trying to make a call it wouldn't let me. I think they are doing this so everyone have to BUY a NEW phone. Verizon better get on the ball of this my contract is up very soon and Sprint is looking right now

0 Likes
oscargt

My Thundervolt just updated the firmware and I got the exact same result. Text messages not loading. =( Anyone find the solution?

0 Likes
Lightman500
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I found worked for me is to reboot the Thunderbolt (not factory reset) give it a minute to boot up then access Messages.  Let the phone work... set it down and let it restore the messages. 

It took sevreral tries and finally I let it sit there for ~ 5 to 10 minutes doing nothing else but waiting on Messaging system.  Eventually the messages loaded and they appear to be working OK.... a different format, but they work.

0 Likes
JOLTMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

now when you say reboot...are you talking just shutting it down and restarting?

and once its rebooted and you access messages does the save power mode keep it from working the way you suggested?

0 Likes
JOLTMAN
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK thanks to Lightman500 its working again.

go to settings..display...and turn off sleep (for now)

go to messages and try and open it...let it sit just running. it will eventually get back to normal.

mine took maybe 15 minutes.

thanks again

0 Likes
bricon123
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine also finally displayed correctly and fairly fast. I assume with the new apperance for text, it was re-formatting all of the text messages I have.

0 Likes
retbryant
Enthusiast - Level 1

since my firmware update everything on my Thunderbolt is acting more like a slow rain drizzle, its so freaking slow its driving me crazy.