kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

They sent me the wrong sim card for my thunder bolt and I am still waiting for a placement. Can I access the internet through my home wifi without acquiring data charges? I used my mom's upgrade so technically the phone is her name without the data package until I can get my sim card and have it reactivated in my name. I have the unlimited. But since it's not activated yet, it's showing that it's her phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: wifi
Wildman
Legend

100%...  The wifi is suppling data from your home internet service, besides you can have a disabled phone with no carrier and still connect to wifi and access the web..

When you connect to wifi if you notice the 3G or 4G icon will vanish because it disables the reciever, so if you get charged you got something reeeeaaallly wrong going on.. :smileyvery-happy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since using wifi does not access network there should not be any charges for using it on a device.

0 Likes
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

are you 100% positive? Because she doesn't have a data plan at all!!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

100%...  The wifi is suppling data from your home internet service, besides you can have a disabled phone with no carrier and still connect to wifi and access the web..

When you connect to wifi if you notice the 3G or 4G icon will vanish because it disables the reciever, so if you get charged you got something reeeeaaallly wrong going on.. :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Are you far away from a retail store because you can get one there free of charge an they can get you going as soon as they look at your acc. an then pute your info on the new Sim.

0 Likes
kingsjewels
Enthusiast - Level 2

They told me they would charge me 20 bucks for it at the store. I didn't feel like I should have to pay for it since it was THEIR FAULT.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Sim cards are free least where I go to the corporate stores. Just got one a few says ago. Did u go to a corporate store?
0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Days I ment
0 Likes