wireless router connection problems after ICS update
stevecriscuoli

Good Morning (sort of)

I just got ICS on my Thunderbolt and now the wifi connection cycle between "save", "obtaining ip address" and "connected".

It will not stay connected. I've forgotten the connection and reestablished it to no avail. The connection is WEP to support

a couple of old devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I have a home server that I now can no longer connect to because it's on the LAN side

of the router and my phone is not.

0 Likes
Re: wireless router connection problems after ICS update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried to get the phone to "forget" the wifi network and re-enter the password?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bbtondo

I just got the update last night, and now I also can not connect to Wifi.  What a pain!  I did "forget" the wifi address and then tried to connect by entering the password.  Didn't work. Also looking for solution.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Hmonglish
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having the same problems keeping a wifi connection (both at home and work) since I upgraded to ICS as well. I just tried the "forget" (as suggested in this post) here at work and it seems to be working better now--connected for about 30mins now. I'll have to try this when I get home tonight. Thanks!

0 Likes
bbtondo

Just spoke to HTC about this.  For me it was a simple fix.  Jake at HTC suggested I turn off the phone (which I rarely do) and then turn it back on.  I did, and I now have no problems with connecting to wifi.  So far, so good!

0 Likes
Hmonglish
Enthusiast - Level 2

After posting this morning, I continued to have connection problems intermittently at work all day. Now that I am home, I tried both turning off the phone and "forgetting" the wireless, but my phone is still having difficulties connecting to my wireless network. Anyone else have an idea for a fix?

0 Likes
stevecriscuoli
0 Likes