Why has Verizon stopped selling the Kin Twom?
rl262

Several possibilities:

Is it because they don't want people to be able to access the Web without using data? They would prefer pushing people to smartphones?

Is it because the manufacture has stopped making it? Are there REALLY no new ones available?

Is it because it isn't selling well?

My son liked mine so much that he wanted one. He had to resort to buying one through a Craigslist ad.

0 Likes
Re: Why has Verizon stopped selling the Kin Twom?
ivolleyball12

The phone is horrible. i suggest you have your son return it. i have had 3 of them and all of them have broken when it was not my fault. and since he got it on craigslist he wouldnt have a warranty to cover it if it broke

0 Likes
taytay44

I called the manufacture and they have stopped making them 😕 I know it sucks! I really wanted one and will get one somehow!

0 Likes
dwt1966

:smileymad:I would gladly sell mine,its the worst phone Ive ever owned.

0 Likes
bski

It’s the perfect mid-range phone. You don’t need a data plan. So everything you do on your kin twom you will do through WiFi or Zune

To create apps for the sites you like, go to your browser and put in the address or search, then push the star key. “Save to apps” you can have Google places, Facebook or American Airlines Check-in with a single touch. If you like games save an online game site. If your friend has an unlimited data plan use their hot spot.

Behind the browser you’ll find the MY Verizon tab with all the latest news, weather and entertainment updates.

(Zune is great and you don’t have to pay the monthly $14.95 if you don’t down load a lot of music, just sign up for the free trial you can use the site after that forever.)You can down load movies before they come out in video for a very low price. $4-5. I move my pictures/videos between my netbook, computer and phone with Zune.

0 Likes
indestructo

You can have mine, its a piece of junk.  Absolutely the worst phone I've ever had.  I realized yesterday that I wasn't receiving text messages for about a week.  After restarting I had 18 messages that hadnt made it through....

0 Likes
nationalacrobat

If either of you are serious about getting rid of your twwom, please PM me - maybe we can work out a deal!

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

indestructo wrote:

You can have mine, its a piece of junk.  Absolutely the worst phone I've ever had.  I realized yesterday that I wasn't receiving text messages for about a week.  After restarting I had 18 messages that hadnt made it through....

Thanks to the community members for your input. Indestructo, were you needing assistance with the messaging issue? Were you able to send your messages? It is a good practice to refresh your phone by power cycling it off and on once every few days. This only takes a few moments and will refresh your signal connections. The longer the device is kept on without power cycling, it can affect how the device operates. Here's a link for assistance in troubleshooting issues for text messaging.  If your needing online assistance with your Kin Twom, here is a link. You could also send me a private message if you need further assistance.

0 Likes
Dan400Man

@EdW_VZW:  Where is the power cycling recommendation documented?  I don't remember seeing this *anywhere*.

Guess I should have known.  It's a Windows phone after all.  Anyone seen a BSOD on this phone?

0 Likes
KINuser2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think the phones have a lot of issues. My first one stopped working in less than 6 months.  My replacement was acting up just the morning.  I have 11 months til I can get a new phone...  if this one stops working hopefully can get another one of these to keep me going til can get something else. 

I have my old LG still, its 4 years old and still functions fine, except for the camera button.

0 Likes