Adding words via T9 on Phone kybd
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone use the old fashioned Phone Keyboard over the QWERTY Keyboard? If so, how do I create my own words via the T9? On my Incredible II, I had to click on ABC to add a word to my personal T9 dictionary. I do not see that option on this phone/keyboard. Does that mean I cannot add words to my T9 dictionary? I abbreviate like crazy & want to add words to it. How do I do it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Adding words via T9 on Phone kybd
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun,

We want you to have the best keyboard. We love T9. In order to save words please press and hold on the word after you have typed it out. It will allow you to save the word that you are wanting.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun,

We want you to have the best keyboard. We love T9. In order to save words please press and hold on the word after you have typed it out. It will allow you to save the word that you are wanting.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, your answer as to how to handle does not work in portrait mode but it does in landscape mode. Can you advise? Also, how do I edit a word that has been saved? And how does the personal dictionary work from settings - personal dictionaries - English. This is the step to get where I'm talking about. I assumed if I stored words there, it would come up when using T9 but it does not.

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can I PLEASE get an answer to my latest question!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yofish4fun,

We apologize for the delay in getting you a resolution. Let's ensure we are on the same page, are you using our messaging application? Or are you using a third party application?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Re: Adding words via T9 on Phone kybd
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi, your answer as to how to handle does not work in portrait mode but it does in landscape mode. Can you advise? Also, how do I edit a word that has been saved? And how does the personal dictionary work from settings - personal dictionaries - English. This is the step to get where I'm talking about. I assumed if I stored words there, it would come up when using T9 but it does not.

Yofish4fun,

We apologize for the delay in getting you a resolution. Let's ensure we are on the same page, are you using our messaging application? Or are you using a third party application?

KarenC_VZW

I am using the stock messaging app; not a third party. I am using the 'Phone Keyboard' keypad not QWERTY. Not only do I still need an answer to my question; I am now noticing another issue with texting on the 'Phone Keyboard' that is intermittent. After phone has been sitting for a while, when I knock on, go to the stock messaging app using my 'Phone Keyboard' & the T9 button is enabled, when I try to type, its numeric not alphabetic letters. This is starting to happen more and more and its driving me crazy. I have to turn the keyboard horizontally; type a letter or word, turn it back around to the portrait mode, then it will start allowing me to type alpha letters. I still can't figure how to save a word while in portrait mode on this type keyboard. Is there a manual because it works differently from what I'm used to

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

since I can't edit my last post, here is a continuation of it:

I am using the stock messaging app; not a third party. I am using the 'Phone Keyboard' keypad not QWERTY. To get to this keyboard type; click 'Settings' off home screen; click 'Language & Input'; click the button next to LG Keyboard, click 'Input language and type; click the button next to English; choose 'Phone Keyboard'.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Adding words via T9 on Phone kybd
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the additional insight, Yofish4fun. Has the T9 ever worked in portrait mode? I would suggest clearing cache within the messaging app via Settings > Apps > Manage Apps > All > Messaging to fix the numeric showing instead of Alphabetic letters.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes