All of a sudden I cannot wake my phone up with the knock on feature. Also when I make a call the screen goes black and I cannot do anything. There is no notification light flickering either. Please help.
mbernadette
Enthusiast - Level 2

This just happened and I just got this phone the day before the G3 came out

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden I cannot wake my phone up with the knock on feature. Also when I make a call the screen goes black and I cannot do anything. There is no notification light flickering either. Please help.
Snn5
Legend

Did your phone recently update?  If so, you most likely are experiencing problems due to that.  I, and many others, can attest to that fact.  As far as the notification light goes, if you still have it activated within display settings and it still isnt working, Im not sure about that.  If you are referring to the power button light blinking while in call, that could be an issue.  My front LED doesnt blink while in call, but my rear one does.  While in call I can press the power buttton (or knock 2x) and the screen comes on.  As long as your setting for "Power button ends call" isnt set to do just that, I would look into this:  While in call put phone to ear.  If screen still doesnt come on, the proximity sensor may be at fault.  If all of the above is fine as far as settings go and problems remain, I'd call VZW but know that they will want to factory reset your device and youll need to back everything up before doing so.  If that fails to rectify the issue, they may send a replacement.

0 Likes
Re: All of a sudden I cannot wake my phone up with the knock on feature. Also when I make a call the screen goes black and I cannot do anything. There is no notification light flickering either. Please help.
mbernadette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just did a factory reset and its still doing the same...I thought

proximity sensor so i recalibrated that and nothing...I cant knock on or off

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would def get with VZW as this is a known issue.  I'm seeing the Knock On feature becoming the #1 issue with the G2 lately.

0 Likes
mbernadette
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand the need of a fully functional device, Snn5! It seems to me that you did your fair share of troubleshooting. Allow me to take it from here!

I just sent you a follow request and a private message. Please reply back so that I can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mbernadette
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to the store and I have been helped. Thank you so much

On Sep 24, 2014 2:59 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I was responding to mbernadette

0 Likes
jxing

Same problem, right after update. This is VERY annoying. I remembered this happened before, and the next update fixed it. Verizon, please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can imagine this is annoying for you all. I want to make  the software aware of the problem with the knock on feature since the most recent software update.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes