Awful call issues - no audio, dropped calls
drew870mitchell

I'm on my 3rd G2 - this one is an insurance replacement from Asurion (the 2nd one was warranty replacement after the touchscreen failed on the 1st).  This is the only device I have had call quality problems on.

About 1 of every 2 outgoing calls I make, with no pattern that I can tell about location, recipients, etc., I'll be muted.  I get a crystal clear connection to the other party, but they hear nothing from me.  Very frustrating and unprofessional seeming to be giving blank calls all the time.  Interestingly, I almost never have this problem when receiving calls.

Recently the device has started dropping more and more calls as well.  I've dropped five calls in the last few days out of twelve made - most recently, and what made me count 'em, from my office in the middle of Tulsa that I've made hundreds of normal calls from before.

Is either due to a known fixable software issue?  If I have to replace the device, what are my options?  I look ahead with trepidation at the hassle involved in getting the insurer to warranty out the defective refurb phone they sent to me.  Have others had any experience with that?

0 Likes
Re: Awful call issues - no audio, dropped calls
TonyP82
Enthusiast - Level 2

help verizon

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Have you disabled VoLTE in call settings and system settings?  That was my issue.

0 Likes
drew870mitchell

Is VoLTE called "Advanced Calling" in the settings?  If so, I've turned it off.  I'll see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You are correct.  VoLTE is Advanced Calling

0 Likes