Charging & Autocorrect issues since update
princi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been having issues with my G2 since the update. When I plug it in to charge, it almost always gives me the pop up notification about using the charger that came with the phone to help it charge faster, and then won't charge. Or it starts to charge and then stops a few minutes later. I am using the exact cable that came with the phone, so I don't know why it won't recognize it.

It also has been experiencing some issues with typing and autcorrect. It still acts normally when I begin typing; suggested/correctly spelled words pop up as I type, and the main word it gives is highlighted, but nothing actually changes when I press space to move on. It's not a huge deal but it's especially helpful to use when I spell something wrong or am starting to type out a large word and it pops up for me. Anyone else having these issues and/or have any advice?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Charging & Autocorrect issues since update
princi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I managed to get the texting to work! I found a secondary settings page for my keyboard app. The autocorrect was on, but the "press space to finish typing word" function wasn't. So the texting is now working completely fine. However, the charging isn't. I found an old charger from my previous phone, which works with my G2, but is just a little slow.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure you have the power to power your phone and autocorrect, princi! In regards to your charging concerns does the charger or charging port show any physical damage or corrosion? Does the charger still fit securely in the phone?
To resolve your concerns with autocirrect lets try clearing the cache of the keyboard app through Menu> Settings>Application Manager>Scroll to All>Choose the keyboard app that you use(Google, LG, 3rd party)>Clear cache and/or data. Please keep me updated on the status as I am happy to troubleshoot firther if needed.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
princi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your advice. In regards to my charger, it is in great condition. It works sometimes but my phone just decides every so often to not recognize it.

Unfortunately my texting is still problematic. I cleared the cache and data of my keyboard apps, and it is still not working properly. What else can I try?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have had instances with Motorola and Samsung with proprietary charging cables.  Both would sometimes give me the "wrong charger" message but more often than not I had issues with typing while plugged into a charger.  Each manufacturer has begun wiring their cables in certain patterns that will only match up with certain phones.  It's nuts I know, but I have no good answer outside of making sure you have the same cable, adapter, and are not plugged in while typing.  While I have the white G2 most folks have the black one and that cable looks like every other cable out there except for the Verizon/LG tag taped around the end.  I know my friend switches out her cables and adapters to rob from one charger to use on a PC or in the car, etc...so sometimes they get mixed up.

0 Likes
princi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the advice Snn5. I have the white G2 as well, and am using the exact cable and adapter that came with the phone. Unfortunately I cannot say that I experience issues when my phone is plugged in, as I usually leave it alone to charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

princi we'll pinpoint the issue and put an end to these problems. Has there been any other changes, outside of the update, to the device since this started? Try running the device in Safe Mode to determine whether an app is causing the trouble http://vz.to/S7f7IJ

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Could be the battery stats or controller is incorrectly reading the input from the cable.  If this happens with any cable I would suspect the phone to be at fault.

0 Likes
princi
Enthusiast - Level 2

@AshleyS_VZW: The only thing that changed with the phone was the update. The texting was never an issue before that. And unfortunately, it still doesn't work properly in Safe Mode. Is there anything else I can try?

@Snn5: I think it's related more to the charger than the phone. I have tried other chargers and the phone charges with no problem. So I'll just see if Verizon will replace the charger for me.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

VZW replaced my charger on my old RAZR Maxx.  Unfortunately the charger only charged the phone....sometimes...and when using keyboard while plugged in the keyboard typed all manner of gibberish.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh...the replacement charger was a VZW branded charger. 6 foot cord and ac adapter.

0 Likes