Re: GPS Not working
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also cannot get my GPS to work since the lollipop update.  Sometimes it will work - but more times than not - it wil not.  And it did work FINE before the update!!!  PLEASE HELP!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Is GPS the only issue you have post LP or are there other problems as well?

0 Likes
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOPE!  Small tip of the problems!  NO battery life, lagging, have to reboot multiple times, text messages delayed up to an HOUR in sending and receiving, unable to answer calls when the screen is locked.  My phone is a very expensive paperweight as I wait to be able to update (IN FEB 2016!)  Phone worked fine and NO issues prior to lollipop.  I have spent countless hours trying to resolve.  Backed it up last night - going to do a factory reset but from what I hear it will do little to help.  Hope they are wrong.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Let me include these steps for which I have only had one individual out of countless other G2 users say didnt work for them.  (They had rooted their phone and severely compromised and corrupted their recovery partition)

Back up any photos documents or videos and other media to a PC or cloud service.  Google Accounts will keep your contacts in Gmail and you can use Google Drive to back up everything instead of a PC and the Play Store will remember the apps you have downloaded before.

Plug into charger for the entire process

(DISABLE google backup and restore of apps and app data)

Charge to 100% and back up and factory reset the phone

Factory reset one more time

Unplug from charger

Set up your phone

Leave phone on until it dies and turns off 1 time

Leave off and recharge to 100%

Biggest reason for this is because the old runtime in KitKat is different than the new runtime in LP.  Restoring old app data restores conflicting files, resulting in apps that run amok, over-worked CPU and battery, and other issues.

This is my usual process and I have had no issues.

0 Likes
cmrooneypc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks! I had started a reset before I saw this. Phone wasn't at 100% so I may have to start over and I clearly missed a setting - it is downloading all the apps again. I will let you know how it goes! It better fix it or I am going to have to use my sons old iphone 4s!

Snn5
Legend

Good luck.

0 Likes
gg1911
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried all of these tips and still no luck. Now I use mapquest and using the old fashioned word directions that come up when it realizes gps is not working.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gg1911,

Thanks so much for staying in touch with us on this. We know how importnat GPS can be. We don't want yout getting lost out there. It sounds like you've tried just about every remedy. At this point, I'd recommend having us take a look at your replacement options. Please reach out to us via phone, livechat, or social media so we can see what options you have. This link will show you all three options. We'll be waiting to assist you with your phone! http://vz.to/1IczeM5

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes