GS locking and call quality issues?
june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im looking to upgrade to this  device. Doing a google I see many are reporting  GS locking issues and call quality ones on their G2s. My questions are these issues fixable via an update? Have any updates fixed them/going to do so  or are these problems hardware related. It is a really nice phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: GS locking and call quality issues?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

june1234, you have excellent taste! This is a very nice device! No worries! In the event that there is a known issue, software updates are sent to correct them. Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make our devices more secure and it reduces conflict. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

june1234, you have excellent taste! This is a very nice device! No worries! In the event that there is a known issue, software updates are sent to correct them. Software updates are pushed to your device to give you the best wireless experience. It provides patches, which fixed software incompatible bugs and improved software performance to make our devices more secure and it reduces conflict. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

This is a non-answer. There is another thread on this call quality issue that I started 3 weeks ago which has 8 people participating. Verizon support has deigned to respond to only two posters in the thread, each time being equally unhelpful.

Based on threads on other message boards, dozens of us have called tech support and we're all getting different answers ranging from "there's no known issue" to "maybe this will be resolved in an update" to "would you like a different phone" and so on. Some of us have opted to stick it out, for now, because we love the phone.

june1234
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thx for the feedback. judging from my googling theres quite a few posts out there on the G2 call quality issue and to a lesser extent the gps locking one; hopefully both to be resolved in updates. It is a  really nice phone

0 Likes
jjmmhh
Contributor - Level 1

It is! I still have mine as I cannot bear to part with it; Verizon has nothing comparable at this time that isn't a phablet.

0 Likes