Google Play services stopped working after 5.02 update
Mintedroyal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently updated to Android version 5.02 on my G2...I keep getting this pop up message saying "google play services has stopped."  Not only is this happening but I no longer have access to the Play Store and cannot play any of my games, "Words with Friends" on the phone.  This message keeps popping up over and over again.  I say ok and it pops right back up.  Anyone else have this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Google Play services stopped working after 5.02 update
Snn5
Legend

Go to your App Manager in Settings and scroll to ALL, then scroll down to Google Play Store and Google Play Services as well and Android System Webview and uninstall updates, then reboot phone and go back to the Play Store and auto-update.  Also, go to Settings - Storage - and tap Cached Data.  Clear that out as well.

0 Likes
OldFPC

Version 5.1 Same problem.  "Google Play Store" gives the option to uninstall and go back to factory version. Did that.  "Google Play Services" has a light shadow box to tap for "Uninstall Updates" but it does not react. It has light box for "Force Stop" or a highlighted box that says "Disable".  "Android System Webview" does not have the capacity to uninstall updates.  It only has 2 highlighted boxes "Force Stop" and "Disable".  My phone does not connect to the internet with WiFi even though it says connected.  No "Martini Glass" icon on the main screen showing connection status.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Version 5.1  ??????  I haven't received that yet, still on 5.0.2.  Nonetheless, disabling will uninstall updates.  Re-enabling and going to the Play Store will re-update.

0 Likes