Got my LG G2 last night, no 4g?
Varking1987

I live in an area where my Galaxy Nexus and my iPhones have gotten 4g from VZW at my house, at work, and at the food store. On my LG G2 I only get a 3G connection at these places and it has never switched to 4G. I got my device activated in-store by the people who worked there and this doesn't seem right. Is there anything I can do to manually activate 4G without going back to the store?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Got my LG G2 last night, no 4g?
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1

Are you using any 3rd party apps which turn off the 4G LTE network?

Try safe mode:  Power key + Volume down key.

or download "4G Toggle" apps from playstore

0 Likes
Varking1987

No I was not using any 3rd party apps. When I go into airplane mode and then turn airplane mode off I get a 4G signal with 2 bars and then after about two minutes it goes back to 3g.

0 Likes
Tha187um

Have you gotten any updates on this? I just bought mines last night, the sales rep at the store noticed it but he rebooted the phone and it was all ok, by the time I got in the car, it was already off. I let it do all updates, rebooted the phone and still the same exact problem. 4G comes on, 2-3 minutes in and it goes back to 3G...

On one of those 2 minutes connections, I did a speed test side by side with my Rezound..

3 bars on the Rezound - clocked at 13Mbps

2 bars on the LG G2 - clocked at 4Mbps

by the time I went to check signal strength, 4G was already gone and just had 3G and 1x both at about 101.

I gave up for now, today will be another day... good thing for those 14 days we have... Please do update me if you did find a solution...

another problem (just throwing it out there, I know this is the wrong post for it)

I have turned off EVERYTHING on the KB regarding word prediction, and it still comes up... I even watched the verizon tutorial and well, I am phone savvy but still gave it a try and of course I already had done what they suggested... I ended up ditching the KB app for another one that worked.

and the Camera, well, it takes about 5 seconds to take a picture when using the flash in low light... so much for my high expectations on the phone.

0 Likes
Coob
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my phone on Sept. 18th and noticed the same thing. When I booted the phone it would have 4g but then shortly after would drop to 3g and never go back to 4g again until I rebooted the phone. It would never stay on 4g for more than a few minutes. I called in to support a couple of times and they did a number of updates and such with no change. They finally said there was a trouble ticket for this and the solution was to get a new SIM card. They would ship it out or I could go to the local store and get it right away. I went into the local store they swapped out for a new SIM card and 4g is now working as it should.

0 Likes
Tha187um

Thanks for the info, you just beat me to it lol... i was just doing some troubleshooting earlier today and saw that with my Rezound's sim card (I have mines cut to the mini size with an adapter) the 4G works flawless... Im heading to the store right now, walking out when i got your message...

thanks again for the heads up...

0 Likes
meyer9021

Have you tried getting a new sim card like others have suggested? Just wanting to know if it worked for you because I am having the exact same problem you are having.

0 Likes
Tha187um

Yeah the new sim solves the issue, I actually tried it with my Rezound sim

card and it worked flawless with the 4G... I never thought that would give

such problems... However I returned the device and exchanged it for the S4

:(... The sales rep told me he had already replaced 2 sim cards out of 5

phones he had sold because of that problem.

Good luck.

0 Likes
jef400dread

Since updating the SIM card, what are your (4G) speed test results? I'm considering buying one of these outright, so that I can activate it on my grandfathered unlimited data plan.

0 Likes
jef400dread

Can anyone that has had luck with getting this phone to stay on the 4G verizon LTE network report their best speedtest results?

Thanks.

0 Likes