Heavens to MurgaDroid!
NurseBecka

$%$*)*@!!!!!!

I am stuck with android 2.2.2.  Just bought the phone in January so WTF with the dinosaur OS??  The phone is working GREAT; but I need to upgrade android OS in order to get full features of apps.  Again I say, @%#%@&!!  Don't want to mess up my phone.  Updates available to me are a whopping VS910ZV6 to V6A!  "6A"??  Just "A"!!?  Where the hell is EIGHT?!!  ZV8???  Does this little update morsel update the droid OS too?  Don't really care about updating the LG device.

I need to update to AT LEAST Droid 2.3.3 preferable 2.3.6

And what is with all the snacks?!!  "Gingerbread" and "Ice Cream Sandwhich"???  Is that OEM droid OS technology, or names for jailbreaks or roots?  Definately don't wan t to go there!!

[heavy sigh]

Post-poning updates until I hear from theGuru's.  Thank you Guru's!

[ Verizon LG Revolution VS910ZV6 4GLTE Android 2.2.2 ]

0 Likes
Re: Heavens to MurgaDroid!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello NurseBecka,

I'm so glad to learn that your Revolution is working great, as your post mentions.

I'd like to take some time and address your concerns about the Operating System upgrade. The names of the software versions are all desserts, named by Google(Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, etc.). Though I do not have a date for you when it comes to software updates, I do have a link that provides you with a list of devices that will be updating to the Ice Cream Sandwich software version. Currently, the Revolution is not on the list, but please keep in mind that this information is updated as soon as we get it. This is something that may be coming in the future.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/03/bl2012-03-06.html

You are also able to sign up for email updates as new products and services become available. Below is a link for that as well.

http://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/website/ResponseForm?OSPEJNlmhtLk_.2ef

If/when the Revolution receives a software update, the updates are pushed out to the devices. To check manually for a software update on the Revolution, please follow these steps:

Menu

Settings

About Phone (scroll down to find)

Software Update

I trust this information is helpful for you. Thanks and have a great day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

NurseBecka,

It seems like you are delighted with your phone. That's awesome and it's a great phone too! There has been a software announcement that was pushed out beginning on March 16th. What this means is that the software will be delivered in batches to handsets. So some people will get the update before others. Rest assured it will be delivered. Here is the link for the details and instructions for download: http://bit.ly/vutR3O

I hope this helps.

Thanks.

SammuelP_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
NurseBecka

Well I downloaded and installed the 2 LG updates Verizon sent, I got updated to Android 2.3.6 and LG V8. Don't know which one did it; but so far I am not happy with them changing my music player; but I especially I am not happy that they removed the "media sync" option from the USB connection. Now I cannot access my internal nor external memory sources. Plus, Rhapsody and Bearshare music players do not even recognize my device. In "my computer" I show an E and F drive; but when I click on it it says: "insert a disk into drive". What a total pain! Also WE NEED A DESKTOP DASHBOARD type manager in order to customize, sync, and back up the device WHERE I WANT TO! Very labor intensive and limited in its abilty to do all this on the device. Plus it is difficult or impossible to sync files between device and computer.

What the hell is going on with Google? They are a search engine; and they need to stay there!! They are like weeds groing out of control within my phone and taking over the control and operation of my software and device one app at a time. This sounds VERY Bill Gates suspicous! Did he buy out Google? They need to keep there hands out of my sh*t and stop taking over control of my device!!

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question. I am glad that my LG is not on the list to be taken over by a search engine that serves up desserts!

ARGH!!

Rebecca!

0 Likes