Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
How can I resume my update?
nsp10111

My update started downloading this morning, but paused when I went off of wifi, now that I'm back on wifi can't find it to restart. Reading through these posts, wondering if I should try to find at origin, to install "clean" - or if it's a little kludgy, maybe I should leave it in hiding...

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lost the update?
stef7
Master

Try: Settings | System Updates | Check for updates

However, doing a FDR first isn't a bad thing to do PROVIDING you've backed up photos and other content, because it will get wiped if you do that.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Well, at this point you should reset the phone to factory, try to update again.  Hopefully the recovery isn't corrupted from the half-way install or download.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have seen instances of pausing and restarting another time, or with a forced manual check for updates.  You might be able to clear the cache for System Updates in App Manager-All.

0 Likes
stef7
Master

Try: Settings | System Updates | Check for updates

However, doing a FDR first isn't a bad thing to do PROVIDING you've backed up photos and other content, because it will get wiped if you do that.

Snn5
Legend

stef7 I cannot get the software update assistant to even recognize my phone, never have, but I see others who have had success. 

0 Likes