How do I enable data on other networks with an LG G2
engelsg

I have an LG G2 with the latest updates installed.  When I cross the border into Canada, I would like to switch to a Canadian sim card (Rogers wireless)  I enabled data and roaming data, and checked my APN settings, but whatever I do I can't get data to work.  It connects to the network fine in both 2g and 3g mode and I can make voice calls fine in both. But the data symbol is a grayed out "3G".

Roaming data works fine with my verizon simcard, so it is not a problem with my phone.

0 Likes
Re: How do I enable data on other networks with an LG G2
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Engelsg,

We're so sorry to hear of the data troubles you're having with your phone while you are in Canada! Our phone is fully unlocked to use with other carriers, but depending on what type of technology that carrier uses different abilities in your phone may not work properly. You can find a list of the networks your phone supports in the Specs here: http://vz.to/1z4GLcE . You would need to contact the Canadian carrier to find out what type of network they are using.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How do I enable data on other networks with an LG G2
engelsg

Their network is supported according to the specs, that's the main reason I bought the phone.

- GSM/GPRS/EDGE on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 2G GSM, or 2.5G in the case of EDGE)

- UMTS/HSPA on the 850 and 1900 MHz bands (Also known as 3G GSM)

I believe there is also 700MHz LTE network in my area that the phone should support, but I haven't been able to connect to any LTE networks yet.

0 Likes