How do I make my phone announce who the text message is from?
Brneyedcaligal

I just got an LG G2 and am unable to set it up so that it announces who the text message is from? I turned on Voice notification and selected the Messages box but now the notification sound doesn't play and I still don't get the name of the person sending me the text. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I make my phone announce who the text message is from?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brneyedcaligal,

Congratulations on the new device! Hope your are enjoying it thus far aside from being able to set up this feature.

From my findings, this settings is located in Apps>Settings>Sound>Voice Notifications. From here make sure that the "Message" option is selected so that is may read out messages. On the previous screen, be sure to select Notification sound and make sure that device is not on vibrate or silent.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do I make my phone announce who the text message is from?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Brneyedcaligal,

Congratulations on the new device! Hope your are enjoying it thus far aside from being able to set up this feature.

From my findings, this settings is located in Apps>Settings>Sound>Voice Notifications. From here make sure that the "Message" option is selected so that is may read out messages. On the previous screen, be sure to select Notification sound and make sure that device is not on vibrate or silent.

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes