Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
How do I re-install my ringback tones?
shelleylou30

I like my LG G2, but was having some call issues. I could hear callers, but they couldn't hear me. Then all my apps would open and close randomly and swipe from right to left and up and down. After multiple calls, a new SIM card, the latest software update and a factory reset I think I may be good. But, now my phone is telling me that there is an error when logging into my ringback tones. When I went online to look the Ringback tone feature is saying it is now incompatible with my phone. I can't even re-add it to my plan.

Help!

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I had to factory reset my LG G2 and lost my ringback tone capability. What am I missing?
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

I believe if you have the Advanced Calling feature enabled, then ringback tones will not work.

This, from the FAQ:  Please note that the following features are currently incompatible with Advanced Calling 1.0: Ringback Tones, Slacker Radio Tones, and Caller Name ID.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I had to factory reset my LG G2 and lost my ringback tone capability. What am I missing?
Snn5
Legend

A lot of smartphone owners have gone to ringtone editing apps like Ringtone Maker (you can make your own) and Zedge (premade.)  These apps are free.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Super User
Super User

I believe if you have the Advanced Calling feature enabled, then ringback tones will not work.

This, from the FAQ:  Please note that the following features are currently incompatible with Advanced Calling 1.0: Ringback Tones, Slacker Radio Tones, and Caller Name ID.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Based on your calling issues as well, I recommend disabling Advanced Calling.  It hasn't worked correctly since being implemented into the G2 in Sept of 2014.

0 Likes