I need help with my new LG G2. I dial *611 but it will not recognize my phone number
10sdawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having trouble setting up my new LG G2. When I dial *611, it will not recognize my number, and the 800 number refers me back to the *611 number. There is no live chat available on the website, so I am lost. Is this any way to run customer support?

0 Likes
Re: I need help with my new LG G2. I dial *611 but it will not recognize my phone number
Snn5
Legend

It seems I am about the only G2 customer support you'll fund unfortunately.  Chat is available on the support site after logging in to My Verizon on the web, but you have to click on Contact Us at the top right of the page then choose Live Chat and then Help with My device and then look to the right and wait for the red dot to turn green.  *611 will take you to a screen where you can launch My Verizon or Click to Call which dials the customer support number. Unfortunately chat is about as useless as waiting for a rep to respond in the forums.  Calling is the only way to get started and work your way up the chain.  Going to a store is a hassle.  What exactly is the problem you're having?  You can't activate the phone or set up your Google accounts or what?

0 Likes
Re: I need help with my new LG G2. I dial *611 but it will not recognize my phone number
10sdawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Where do I start? I cannot play Verizon Cloud videos that I transferred

from my old phone. Photos on my transferred SIM card don't appear on my new

device. And as I mentioned, my phone number is not recognized when I dial

*611. My user name, password and security answers are also not accepted. I

have a feeling I'll be heading to the Verizon store in the morning.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Yeah you'd have to be able to log in to get the videos. Idk why you transferred images to a SIM card....but you definitely couldn't not do much of anything with a corrupt SIM card. Your best bet is actually going to a store asap and getting a NEW SIM card which is free and make sure you can use your phone before leaving.

0 Likes
10sdawg
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

Snn5
Legend

You're welcome Smiley Happy

0 Likes