Ok. Is there any reason I could not take my Turbo nano sim, and use a micro sim adapter and shove it in the G2, activate the phone, install the update then switch it back to the Turbo? I've read lately all nano Sims are not the same. Would you happen to know for sure?
The G2 is an epic device. I will never sell it. And there is no bigger advocate for just how under rated the G2 continues to be. But I have have new cell phone disease and the Turbo has stuck because it is stupid fast, the battery life is unmatched and I use the heck out of the Moto features. It is one of the most driver friendly phones there is .
Thanks for your help.
Does anyone know whether there is a way to permanently defer the OS update? Like Snn5, I learned long ago to hold off on OS and firmware updates until I could see what issues arose and whether/how they were resolved. I woke up this morning to my phone telling me the update was available and asking if I wanted to install now or wait. I chose the wait option, but it would only let me choose a later time in the next 24 hours, it would not let me defer the install altogether. I did make sure the "automatic update" box was not checked. Still, I am concerned because I was similarly waiting to install a prior firmware update due to many issues people were reporting with that. I got to a point where it was making me manually defer the install when the message popped up daily. But, one morning I woke up to find that it has automatically installed overnight, and I had major issues (especially GPS and battery life) as a result. I may want to move to Lillipop at some point, but I have a business trip coming up in the next few days and I just don't have time to fool with issues related to a messed up update, or frankly to do a proper install (with backups and FDRs, etc.) So, hoping there's a way to put it off indefinitely. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks.
You cannot perm defer. You can keep saying "Not Now." But, it is a matter of time until it accidentally gets installed. Nonetheless, I have only seen 3 cases of update issues so far since it rolled out. 1000s of times less than the S5 debacle. I dare say this is a successful rollout, at least for the first few days. You know no one comes here to sing its praises, only to fuss about the problems. So, with fewer problem posts, greater the success rate.
Thanks so much for your responser, Snn5. That's pretty much what I figured, but thought I'd check with the gurus. I have actually been looking forward to this upgrade, but over on another BBS I'm hearing pretty much everyone is having horrible problems with extremely fast battery discharges (which often seems to happen for the first few days after an update) but, more concerning, extremely slow charging times. There are some other quibbles, but it seems most of those are people who don't want to bother with the whole FDR process. It's a hassle, but I learned long ago it's the only way to go with updates/upgrades. Still, I'm concerned about the battery issues. Waiting to see how that plays out. Guess I'll just keep hitting "not now" every day.