LG G2 Release 9/12 ???
thomasrd2

Why is there no info other then where you can add your e-mail address for info on the New LG G2??  Whats up VZW??  I would think there would be pre-orders for this phone today with in store pick up for tomorrow??

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 Release 9/12 ???
SMBison88

They sure seem to want to move only Motorola and Apple devices right now.

0 Likes
thomasrd2

Not to mention the New Moto Phones are all midrange phones, and who really cares about Apple??  They are loosing the cell phone market.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The new Droid line are not midrange devices.

0 Likes
SMBison88

Correct, not all are, but the Moto X certainly is.

0 Likes
thomasrd2

All 3 of the New Droids are Dual Core including the X Phone.  The Samsung S4 is more of a phone then those.  The LG G2 is a quad core 2.26 ghz processor.  I am not sure why you would not think they are mid range phones?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Because, with the way the processors are designed, they blow the S4 out of the water.  LG phones are regularly garbage.  Put a quad core processor in a garbage heap, you still have a garbage heap. That's like saying the iPhone 5S will be the best device because it uses a 64 bit processor.  The MOTO X is a midrange phone, but that is all it was ever designed to be, spec wise, but that thing really is one of the smoothest running devices out there, because it hasn't been bogged down with a heavy UI skin.  The reason they may seem to be pushing the Droids and the iPhone is because those are names that people recognize.  As much as I hate the concept of the locked down iPhone, you must have your head in a hole if you think nobody cares about them.  In the US, unfortunately, you are wrong, they are not losing the cell phone market.  They no longer have the majority smartphone market share, but the iPhone still holds a larger chunk than any other phone.

Verizon is about volume of customers.  They don't care what phone you buy, as long as you use their service (and the same holds true for every carrier out there).  If they know a certain brand has higher recognition than others, they will push that brand, just to let everybody know they can get the new hotness on their network.  And, as much as you may disagree, the G2, to your everyday consumer, is by no means. the new hotness.

thomasrd2

VZW has a very good coverage service and that is why people pay and stay there.  I could care less over what iPhone comes out with.  Moto/Google screwed people over with coming out with a second rate phone in the mid range market.  The big game is in the Apps that come out in the near and far future.  Will the Moto/Google dual core last anyone in a 2 yr contract I dont think so.  I go with the Quad Core Phone.  No pun intended but you can buy what ever you like.  I have been a Moto user for a good many years, IMHO they failed the consumer with what they came to market with.  If they had used the Snapdraggon 800 it would be a different story.  MY money is on the  LG G2.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Moto made an amazing business decision with a smooth running, desirable phone with some amazing features.  It will do just fine for people for the duration of a 2 year contract.

0 Likes
thomasrd2

Wake up and think of the people that create the apps.

0 Likes