LG G2 with network extender
dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon tower in my current area is kinda overloaded, so I received a network extender so I can use the phone for calls and texts and mms. It works excellent for calls and texts, but the silly phone still tries to connect to the LTE tower that is frequently completely overloaded and has no additional capacity to send or receive mms messages. Is there a way to force the phone to use the "3G" data thru the network extender so I can send and receive mms?

0 Likes
Re: LG G2 with network extender
Snn5
Legend

It is only using the extender for calls really.  Your phone will default to the 4G data if it is available.  With the extender you cannot use VoLTE, i.e.-HD Voice calls.  In fact, if you enable the HD calling and video feature, your phone will connect to the extender, but won't work through it.  You'll see the little house and wifi-like wave icons in the bar, but you wont get the double beep.

0 Likes
dgcamero
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't care about the HD calls, I just want my MMS messages to send. It shows 2 bars of LTE that is overloaded and has speeds of 0.01 Mbps upstream, which is insufficient to send picture mails. If the phone would use the 3G network extender data all the time, then I could send picture mail.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I wish there was a way to switch to 3G.  I'd use that as my 4G is 0.05mb down...slow.  3G is still strong in my area, but...and this isn't far from a reality, this is my 4th G2 and each one has had terrible ability to hold a signal.

0 Likes