LG Revolution Disconnects from 4G/3G Network
CalBear1977

My LG revolution disconnects from the 4G/3G network and cannot reconnect.  I need to turn it off and then back on to get it to reconnect.  Is there a solution to this problem.

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Disconnects from 4G/3G Network
CGNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

HI.

I would also like an answer to this because this happened the other night and not even removing the battery worked.. I was without a connection for about an hour.. It has not happened since but I only had this phone for 3 weeks so I know it will happen again... Lots of issues with this phone... missing ... delayed texts... not good

Haileygirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am def experiencing the delayed/missing text issue and it drives me insane!!

ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello happy forum members,

Thank you for sharing your concern(s) with the LG Revolution. Customer feedback on our products and services are always welcomed as they help us expand our lineup and improve on what we currently offer. I would like to post a few troubleshooting steps that will assist in the performance of the LG Revolution. They are as follows:

Signal issues

• Turn off bluetooth and wifi in settings when not in use.
  • Check device for software updates.
  • Remove and reinsert the battery and SIM card on the device.
  • Uninstall any 3rd party signal management apps or task killers from the device.
  • Perform factory reset (if needed).

Messaging issues

• Verify destination address.
  • Remove any special characters or signature on the body of the text messages.
  • Erase any long threaded messages.
  • Remove any text blocking restrictions on the phone number (at My Verizon).
  • Update call & message blocking and/or usage controls if being used.
  • Check available device memory.
  • Remove any 3rd party messaging apps or instant messages apps.
  • Perform a factory reset on the device.

In both cases of signal issues and messaging issues, a factory reset may need to be performed. As always, I encourage to backup your contact using Backup Assistant and/or your Gmail account. You can also archive your calendar entries on your Gmail account as well. Below is a link to complete a factory reset on the LG Revolution. 

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381

Once the reset has been completed, the device will need to be reactivated. There is a tutorial on the phone that will walk through the setup process. Once the device is activated and setup, please test call voice, text, and data services as well as signal strength. If you are still having issues then please reply to this message for additional assistance.

Thank you...

0 Likes
luvsracin

I am a new Verizon customer and purchased the LG Revolution.  I am thoroughly disgusted with the poor performance of this phone.  Little/no connectivity, dropped calls, can't use the wifi application.  I have been to the store where I purchased this phone at least four times.  They have tried many different things to fix my problem (I'm on my third SIM card).  Nothing seems to help. I was an AT&T customer for years and, for basic phone service I was thoroughly pleased.  But their internet air cards while traveling was terrible -- that's why we changed to Verizon.  My husband is using a Casio Commando and he is having no issues at all.  So, that tells me that it is the phone.  Since it is past the 14 day limit, I can't go back to the store and get a different phone and I can't afford to just change phones at this point.  But, I am about ready to cut my losses and go back to AT&T (at least for my phone) and leave the other 4 lines on Verizon since they are not having any trouble with their phones (Casio Commando, Blackberry Curve, LG Cosmos and Samsung Reality.  If these problems are equipment related, LG and Verizon needs to do the right thing and offer those customers free phone changes.

0 Likes
hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here.  Junk phone

0 Likes
hatelgrevo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why does Verizon always say a factory reset will fix everything?  It doesn't.  I've tried it and even had the phone replaced and it still has issues. A new issue everyday!  Stop missleading customers into thinking that factory reset is a fix to a phone that you and LG know is junk!

0 Likes