LG Revolution Issues
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

My daughter is currently experiencing random text messages being blasted from her phone to the person she's speaking with over the voice line. (15020 random texts)  Within the same phone call, the phone will completely freeze and the only way to get it back is to remove the battery and sim card.  

What's particularly interesting is she had the same problem with her Droid X2 and we figured it was a hardware issue and swapped the phone out for the LG Revolution.  But now that it's occurring on the LG, I'm leaning more to the software side of things.  Any suggestions or thoughts?  My plan is to perform a factory reset and re-enter her gmail account info, but from what I've read here on the forums, I'm not banking on that fixing the problem.  

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Revolution Issues
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Unless trouble surfaces again, this is my last post on this issue.  Seems VZW fixed the texting issues by deleting & reinstalling her texting feature.  It's all good so a big thank u to tech support. !!  In the last two days the phone did freeze up once again, but we're still treating that as "normal."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's some app she has installed. Remove all but the default apps, which cannot be deleted, then try again. Of course a FULL reset should accomplish the same thing.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

If all else fails that is my plan however I'm not optimistic since many of the forum members who have done a full reset has proven unsuccessful.  But I supposed I'm compelled to at least try that course of actions.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

On the phone with tech support now and we're trying to avoid a master reset, though I thinking that's where we're headed

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Tech support "reset" her texting feature and for the most part seems to be working fine.  The freezing issue was most likely something random and not related to anything else.  Will update after the VZW follow up call.

0 Likes
addysdaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Unless trouble surfaces again, this is my last post on this issue.  Seems VZW fixed the texting issues by deleting & reinstalling her texting feature.  It's all good so a big thank u to tech support. !!  In the last two days the phone did freeze up once again, but we're still treating that as "normal."

0 Likes