Re: LG Revolution - Multiple issues
DMartinm

I have experienced some of the same issues he mentioned and these were out of the box. I've have my phone for three months and have always had freeze issues. I do not have additional apps installed. The biggest issue is freezing while texting and also text not being able to be sent. I remove the battery from my phone almost every other day because it locks up. This was a very, very expensive phone purchased with a new contract and you wouldn't expect this. Base don the many, many, many blogs I've seen there are no fixes. At this point I just want a phone that works. Customers should be warned not to buy the LG Revolution.

0 Likes
revo_user86
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also experienced some of the problems mentioned above. Mostly the freezing issues and texts not being sent right away. I have also noticed that my 3g/4g/WiFi fluctuates WAY too much, and in some instances I have to pull the battery because the red and blue arrows will disappear altogether. I have been to the verizon store to try to resolve this matter several times and they have tried many different things to try to resolve it, even a full factory reset, and it didn't fix the problem. I do like this phone and the other qualities it posseses but I would like verizon to start listening to what we are saying and try to fix this problem! I've had this phone for about three months now and the problems have just kept escalating from the time I got it. I paid too much money for this phone to constantly mess up all the time! I want a more reliable phone! Please help!!

WayTooCrazy
My wife is experiencing many of the same issues. We've done hard resets, cleared app caches, uninstalled and reinstalled apps. She's so frustrated she is about to bounce the phone off the wall. This started pretty much out of the box as well. I even purchased a new router for the house (Asus RT-N56U), as she was having Wifi issues. That didn't help. Now she's fuming that we left Sprint and our previous handsets.
0 Likes
jimdep
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mike,

I've had the Revolution since it came out last May and I'm on my third one.  Less than 2 weeks in the phone wouldn't  boot up.  I exchanged it for another one.  Then over the course of the past few months I've experienced ALL of the problems described above and below in this subject.  Forced closes, phone reboots (periodically shuts down) when I am in the middle of a task, slow/sluggish performance when multi tasking or even just bringing up the phone app to dial a number.  Also, sometimes a call comes in and the screen stays on whatever I'm working on.   I hear the phone ringing but there is no prompt to answer the call and it's not until the call is missed that I can see who's call i missed!!!  Last month I exchanged the phone for another one because of these problems at your Nanuet NY store.  The SAME problems persist.  I've done hard resets, cleared app caches, uninstalled and reinstalled apps. You name it.  I'm not one to complain but I've been a long time customer and use this phone for business 75% of the time.  I'm and totally disatisfied with it.  I'd like to transfer into another Android phone if I may.  What would you recommend?

0 Likes
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

jimdep wrote:

Mike,

I've had the Revolution since it came out last May and I'm on my third one.  Less than 2 weeks in the phone wouldn't  boot up.  I exchanged it for another one.  Then over the course of the past few months I've experienced ALL of the problems described above and below in this subject.  Forced closes, phone reboots (periodically shuts down) when I am in the middle of a task, slow/sluggish performance when multi tasking or even just bringing up the phone app to dial a number.  Also, sometimes a call comes in and the screen stays on whatever I'm working on.   I hear the phone ringing but there is no prompt to answer the call and it's not until the call is missed that I can see who's call i missed!!!  Last month I exchanged the phone for another one because of these problems at your Nanuet NY store.  The SAME problems persist.  I've done hard resets, cleared app caches, uninstalled and reinstalled apps. You name it.  I'm not one to complain but I've been a long time customer and use this phone for business 75% of the time.  I'm and totally disatisfied with it.  I'd like to transfer into another Android phone if I may.  What would you recommend?

**bleep** your phone does the same as mine. I am waiting for the IPhone 5 only if it has a 4" screen as rumor has it, cant go smaller because I am used to having 4.3" now. My friend has IPhone and the battery is still good after 3 years old and he cant believe how many times in a day I charge my Revo

0 Likes
Ires
Enthusiast - Level 1

I should have read up on this phone before buying it since it is cleary defective. All the issues mentioned have happened to me. The most annoying being losing internet connection and the random restarts. I wonder if I can switch to another phone altogether? Btw I just went through a software update which seemed to make matters worse.

casio87

Hello,

I have some very unfortunate news for you..... This is a problem with EVERY LG Revoution. I have got the LG Esteem (MetroPCS verision of LG Revolution) it is exactly the same phone and i have ALL of the same problems! ive tried everything to fix them to no avail. sorry :smileysad:

0 Likes
JordanSPE
Enthusiast - Level 2

People should really consider a class action lawsuit against LG and Verizon. Each of these entities are well aware of the continued issues that plague this handset, they claim these issues are isolated which is an obvious outright lie. Despite continued complaints to both LG and Verizon they continue to sell a known defective product to consumers. I am in the process of writing a letter to my AG and the BBB. Consumers should not have to endure this kind of treatment, it’s disgusting.

TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Ires, 

Once you did the LG Revolution update did you also perform a factory reset ?

As you know, software updates are made to enhance the device, oftentimes after a software updated,  you will need to do a factory reset.

I honestly would recommend it. Once it has been done, try it out for a few days or so to see if it behaves in the same manner.

Are you losing all connection to data or is it fluctuating between 3G & 4G?

How long has it been since you purchased the Revolution? If it more than 14 days, then you wouldn't be able to exchange it for a different make/model.

Please let us know how it works after the factory reset.

0 Likes
dlaiche
Enthusiast - Level 1

"I have experienced some of the same issues he mentioned and these were out of the box. I've have my phone for three months and have always had freeze issues. I do not have additional apps installed. The biggest issue is freezing while texting and also text not being able to be sent. I remove the battery from my phone almost every other day because it locks up. This was a very, very expensive phone purchased with a new contract and you wouldn't expect this. Base don the many, many, many blogs I've seen there are no fixes. At this point I just want a phone that works. Customers should be warned not to buy the LG Revolution."

I have had the same issues as the person above^^^and every other person on this forum!  I have also had my Revolution for 3 months and each time I bring it in for these issues, I am given a different excuse as to why I am experiencing these problems, and a quick fix (which never works)!  I have had my phone "wiped"(didn't help), I have been told by Verizon Reps to do a battery pull once a week (didn't help), I was sent a new phone (still same issues), and the most recent...yesterday, when I brought it in for the charging issue, I was told by the Verizon Rep that I needed to turn the 4G off and only use the 3G so that my battery will last longer than 4 hours. Now tell me how a 100% charged battery can die in 4 hours when the phone was not used within those 4 hours???  Because of 4G???  Why pay the high price for a 4G phone if you can't even use it!!!  This is INSANE!!!  I have never paid this much for a phone and I have never had this many problems with a phone!!  My husband has an old phone "The Razzle" (now that is OLD)!  He has had it for 2 years, has never had a problem with it, and is afraid to upgrade because of the problems that my children and I experience with our "NEW $200 SMART PHONES"!!