LG Revolution Not working at all
kking51121

I have a Revolution I got in October, the day they came out with the newes software. Got a replacement the next day due to programming issues by verizon. Worked for about a month and nw can not use at all. The phone shut off one day and screen came on showing LG logo, made a vibration, and went to black screen. The process repeats and will not do anything else, took out SIM, took out battery, tried these things numerous times, tried the power and volumn button reset, even durin this proccess it shows logo, vibrates, and goes black, and over and over again.  

HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: LG Revolution Not working at all
bulldog69
Contributor - Level 2

kking51121 wrote:

I have a Revolution I got in October, the day they came out with the newes software. Got a replacement the next day due to programming issues by verizon. Worked for about a month and nw can not use at all. The phone shut off one day and screen came on showing LG logo, made a vibration, and went to black screen. The process repeats and will not do anything else, took out SIM, took out battery, tried these things numerous times, tried the power and volumn button reset, even durin this proccess it shows logo, vibrates, and goes black, and over and over again.  

HELP!!!!

I am having similar problems but can get it up running again. I have had it with this phone sice the update that VZW pushed to my phone. They just say do a factory reset as always and I have done many times and this phone will not work properly and gets so slow and Pandora shuts off and when I need to turn off because it freezes or gets slow I have to pull battery to make it start back up again.

0 Likes
jerrytoon2

I am a trucker. i stay on the road 3 to 6 weeks at a time.

it was time to upgrade both my wife's and my phone so we got the LG Revolution because it looks so cool. oh we had fun with it when we got home. Taking pic. sending IM's. surfing the web. then it was time for me to get back on the road. A week later the phone went BLACK. so i took it to a verizon store on the road. first in texas then the one in Arkansas. They both told me that there nothing they can do and that Verizon have to send me a new one. I told them i am a trucker long ways from home. My job won't let me stay in one place for 2 days waiting. They said that they can't swap phones because VERIZON said they don't aloud the stores to do that. SO here i sit a week later still with no LG Revolution working and have to use a phone that i got from a truckstop that you use a prepaid card.Its getting to the point where i am about to say STICK THIS WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE VERIZON and go to other cellphone Co.Others cellphone store replace it on the spot and some swap out batteries ON THE SPOT.

0 Likes
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello kking51121,

Congrats on upgrading to the LG Revolution! This is one oft he first 4G smartphones that has a 1GHz snapdragon processor combined with our 4G LTE network! I'm certain that you will be VERY happy with the data speeds on the Revolution. May I ask are you still having an issue with your LG Revolution? It sounds like your device is looping on the boot screen. If this is the case the next troubleshooting step, other than the ones that you have completed, is a factory reset. Prior to completing such a reset, I encourage to verify that your contacts and calendar entries are backed up on either your Gmail account or backup assistant. Below is a link on how to perform a factory reset on the LG Revolution. The alternate method is recommended since the device is looping.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=41381

Once the factory reset is completed then the device would need to be reactivated and setup. There is a tutorial on the device that will walk you through the setup process. Once the device has been setup, please verify that all voice and data services are working properly. If you run into any obstacles during this process and need additional assistance then please reply to this message with your findings.

Thank you...

0 Likes
JordanSPE
Enthusiast - Level 2

You should probably get really accustomed to factory resetting your LG Revolution; over the course of the two year contract you unfortunately probably just signed you will experience the pleasure of factory resetting the LG Revolution once a month. Of course you may be too busy constantly pulling the battery and resetting the phone to have time for a factory reset. As long as you do not want to use your phone for talking, texting, email, or applications you will be fine. I have been using mine to hold down some papers by an open window and it has worked great. As an LG Revolution owner, let me welcome you to the club; you are now the proud owner of a lie. Also do not be fooled by the VZW drone above; Verizon is not in the business of providing customer service; they are in the business of providing the perception of customer service.