LGG2 text not working properly
debgrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

My LGG2 is taking forever to send messages. In the interim, I am not receiving text messages either.  I noticed before this started, my text and FB messenger weren't notifying me when messages were received.  I checked my notification settings and they were correct. When I go to send a message, it doesn't send, there is just a spinning wheel. So I have restarted the phone and tried force stopping the messaging app. Sometimes that has worked enough for one message to get through and another to come through.  The only thing I did differently was a couple of days ago, I used the airplane mode so my battery wouldn't die.  Speaking of battery life, I guess because it keeps trying to send the messages, my battery is draining EVEN FASTER than usual.

0 Likes
Re: LGG2 text not working properly
Snn5
Legend

Are you running Lollipop 5.0.2? 

Have you set a message limit so that old messages are over-written with new messages, or do you have no set limit?  (Too many messages will cause hangups.)

When was the last time you Factory Reset the phone?  (If on 5.0.2, hopefully you did so before and after the update.)

Have you removed the SIM, turned off, re-inserted SIM, and turned back on?  (This can refresh the network connection.)

0 Likes
Re: LGG2 text not working properly
debgrin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  I just did everything.  Hopefully that works.  So far I am sending and receiving my texts in real time.

[removed]

#yiv8197010151 img

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

|  |

LGG2 text not working properly

created by Snn5 in LG G2 - View the full discussionAre you running Lollipop 5.0.2?   Have you set a message limit so that old messages are over-written with new messages, or do you have no set limit?  (Too many messages will cause hangups.) When was the last time you Factory Reset the phone?  (If on 5.0.2, hopefully you did so before and after the update.) Have you removed the SIM, turned off, re-inserted SIM, and turned back on?  (This can refresh the network connection.) Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community Start a new discussion in LG G2 by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

Personal information removed as required by the

Message edited by Verizon Moderator