Re: Latest update causes Google Play Store not to open/load. Shows only a white screen.
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

I should have mentioned... Play Services is version 7.0.99 and Play Store is now (after my manual update) 5.4.11.  But still dealing with white screen when trying to launch Play Store.

0 Likes
Re: Latest update causes Google Play Store not to open/load.  Shows only a white screen.
stef7
Master - Level 2

From another thread where a person got help at a VZW store.

I presume you saw this.... 

He put the phone into safe mode, cleaned out the google play cache and data, then went into goodle play services, cleaned cache and stopped the app.  Soft booted the phone and tried downloading on app at a time in Google Play Store.  It worked!  It worked for me. I don't know if others will find relief in this.

0 Likes
Re: Latest update causes Google Play Store not to open/load.  Shows only a white screen.
stef7
Master - Level 2

Don't know if this will be helpful...

https://youtu.be/vVFL87iv3-s

Maybe reverting the Google Play Services to older rev then updating it as shown in this video?

Re: Latest update causes Google Play Store not to open/load. Shows only a white screen.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ingrids,

I can definitely understand your frustration. I see you have done some great troubleshooting already. Try deleting the Gmail account and adding it back. Retest and keep us posted. If the issue persist you may need to perform the hard reset.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JessicaRandall
Enthusiast - Level 2

After taking my phone to Verizon and them telling me that they were out of ideas, I took it home and backed up all of my information onto my laptop.  I then did a hard reset on the phone.  After completing the hard reset, the phone updated again and now everything works great!  The reason that I had to back everything up on my computer is because some of my apps, such as the Verizon Cloud was not updated and I could not update it since the Playstore wasn't working.

The customer service representative at Verizon told me that he has had several people come into the store with this same problem.  With the Lollipop update, Google Services is not recognizing the updated software on the phone, therefore still using the old Google software and it's not compatible.

Answer to problem:  1. Back up phone 2. Hard reset on phone 3. Restore phone with your information.

I hope this helps anyone else that has this problem!

Jessica

ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes... JohnB_VZW, I tried removing the Gmail account... did so a couple of times.  And still didn't work.

Stef7, yes... I hadn't tried that yet... was too afraid to revert Play Services after what happened when I reverted back to Playstore... though I guess if reverting Play Services doesn't work or makes it worse (as the Play Store update removal made it worse), I will do a factory reset as JessicaRandall suggested.

Thanks everyone... I'll post back once I get to it... after I complete my taxes today

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

We suggested a factory reset near the beginning of this thread over a week ago.

0 Likes
ingrids
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yesss SNN5... I've read your repeated comments to do so.  It's OK if I post my questions though... that's what this forum is here for.  I'm trying to do everything to NOT do a factory reset. Too many customizations.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, you might have misread the user I was replying to.

0 Likes