Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lots of new glitches, Android 2.3??
Connorjacob

My Lg Revolution, purchased back in June, automatically updated to the newer LG software. Ever since the update, my message application, home, weather, email, everything, would randomly say "error, need to close" and then close. Usually when I'm checking my tumblr, faceable and weather maps, the phone it's self will shut down and restart suddenly. I was hoping to inform you guys of these problems, which occur every single day. Also, I've had issues where my 4g connection, which is typically perfect where I live, will shut off COMPLETELY in the middle of data usage then turn back on. I mean, I love the phone, but these are slightly annoying. Also, any news of when The next android OS update is?

0 Likes
Re: Lots of new glitches, Android 2.3??
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Connorjacob,

I can understand your frustrations with your phone!  I would be happy to assist!

Did you notice any of these problems after downloading any specific applications?  I would like to suggest a few troubleshooting steps.  First, perform a "Soft Reset", which will close any running programs in the background.  Then I would suggest removing any impacting applications (if you can narrow it down to a specific problem app).  Finally, if you are still experiencing the issues, it may be due to a corrupt file on the onboard memory.  I would then perform a "Hard Reset".  This will wipe all data and applications from your phone, except for what’s on your SD card. Anything syncing with Google or Backup Assistance will restore once you re-add those accounts.

Please let us know how this works out for you!

0 Likes
Re: Lots of new glitches, Android 2.3??
bulldog69
Novice

Only problem I'm having is phone shuts off and turns back on like yours almost daily

Connorjacob wrote:

My Lg Revolution, purchased back in June, automatically updated to the newer LG software. Ever since the update, my message application, home, weather, email, everything, would randomly say "error, need to close" and then close. Usually when I'm checking my tumblr, faceable and weather maps, the phone it's self will shut down and restart suddenly. I was hoping to inform you guys of these problems, which occur every single day. Also, I've had issues where my 4g connection, which is typically perfect where I live, will shut off COMPLETELY in the middle of data usage then turn back on. I mean, I love the phone, but these are slightly annoying. Also, any news of when The next android OS update is?

0 Likes