Please help me figure out my phone, I love my phone but it has been giving some annoying problems.
1) It has been vibrating on its own non-stop... it has happened a few times, where it just randomly vibrates for a long time, and it doesn't turn off until I hold down on the on/off button, once it turns off, then I would have to turn my phone back on. Please let me know what I can do to make it stop.
2) It would randomly turn off on its own and start back on. It isn't convenient when I am trying to text or am surfing the net. Please also let me know what I can do to prevent this from happening again.
3) Sometimes my phone will say "scanning media files" and then when it is done, some of the icons wouldn't have their pictures anymore, it would have a picture of a SD card with the android guy. Please let me know what is going.
Thank you in advance for your time and help!
Yeebee29, thank you for your inquiry and welcome to the community!
1. I have not seen this vibrating issue reported for this phone before. Do you have any different icons on the screen when this happens. Next time it happens, go to your Running programs (Settings, Applications, Running Services) to verify which applications are running in the background. If this started after installing any new applications, try uninstalling those & reading reviews to see if anyone may be having these issues.
2. This can also be caused by a number of things. How often is this happening? Did this start after installing any new applications? Does the phone seem to get hot before it powers off? If the phone is rebooting often, try booting into safe mode for awhile to see if it is still occurring. Safe mode disables third party applications from running, but you are able to use all aspects of the phone while in safe mode. This will help determine if an application may be causing this.
3. Try removing and re-inserting your SD card. You can also go to Settings>SD & Phone Storage to Unmount then mount again.
If you are still having these issues after completing the above troubleshooting steps, the last step I recommend is a factory reset.
I have the same problem though the vibrate/shut off is "limited" to once or twice each day. To troubleshoot it down to an app by using safe mode would likely take weeks with this frequency of shut offs.
I have noticed only one app that causes it's own frequent shutdowns - Google Navigation. It is pretty much a guarantee that my phone will reboot when running this app. It has rebooted on Google Maps as well.
Thank you for your response.
I wouldn't know which app causes it.. it also tend to happen around the middle of the night. It happened twice this morning around 3am and then around 6am. Of course this is quite annoying as I am still sleeping.. and the only way to turn the prolonged vibrating off was to hold down the on/off button, and making sure I stay awake to turn it back on, or else I would miss my alarm.
The random scanning of the media files have been happening again, and when it comes back to full function, the icon would be the little android guy and not the picture icon of the app. I have tried mounting and unmounting the SD card.
If I perform a factory reset, am I going to have to re-download all the apps? And as for pictures and personal information, how can I store everything onto the SD card?
Thank you for your time in advance.
Thanks for the update!
Since you've completed all of the suggested troubleshooting steps, it is pertinent you complete the factory reset. This will help determine if it is, in actuality, an application issue. As far as retaining your pictures, videos or songs, they are all stored on your SD memory card. These files will not be deleted. Your contacts would be backed up by either your Backup Assistant or Google accounts. Just to ensure you don't lose any data there, I would just suggest forcing a sync prior to the reset. This is done by touching the "menu" key from the home screen > touch "Settings" > touch "Accounts & sync" > underneath "Manage accounts" you can select the accounts and choose "Sync now". Market applications require an integrated Google account in order to download. Your applications you may need to reinstall once you reactivate the device & sign back into your Google account. Let me make one last suggest, before reinstalling the applications, please test your device to see if any of the previous issues continue. Then I suggest installing one app at a time to see if a specific application is causing the device issues.
Please let me know the results from your troubleshooting.