Re: why cant my phone not back up my contacts?
Wildman
Legend

I am assuming you are attempting to use Backup Assistance?   If so it has a habit of not playing well with a number of smartphones so I suggest you disable BA and sync only with your Google account to simplify things...

After checking your Google email account and make sure the contacts has been synced there, go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tabs / Sync Service / Clear Data to disable BA... (This wont delete the account of remove any contacts already synced, it only disables the app from syncing on your device)

0 Likes
shelbs96

Once i do that ,how do i stop running BA; how do I get the contacts that haven't been imported from my account to the actual phone?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I was under the impression that the contacts was already on the device and you was just trying to backup the information..  If you have contacts in backup assistance you could export that data and import them into google backup..

At the moment I am not near my pc to give you the correct steps but I can send them shortly when I get back home...

0 Likes
shelbs96

My contacts are cleared by themselves when they want to and now the BA doesn't work. Should of been spacific. My apologizes. Thank you.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Here is the information on how to export from BA and import into Google...

1. Log into Verizon Backup Assistant
2. Click on Export to CSV
3. Save File as (or Rename to) Contacts (it should already be converted to CSV so including .csv is redundant)
4. Log into Gmail/Google Voice
5. Click on Contacts
6. Click on Import
7. Browse for the Contacts (.csv) file
8. Click Import

9. Disable BA by going to Settings / Applications . Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service / Clear All

All contacts on youir device should sync to Google if they are not in the BA backup...   Now I do say should because no software is perfect.

0 Likes
shelbs96

It seems to have worked. You have no idea how thankful I am for your help.
Sorry for not being specific in the full problem. I'm technology impaired.

thank you sooooo much.
-Shelby M.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

My pleasure, glad to be able to get your issue resolved..

0 Likes
laguss

I'm having the same issues with my BA...I don't see the "export" to click on ? Can you tell me where on the screen I should see it?

Thanks

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Press the Select All option at the right of window and then press the Action button next to it and select export...

4-9-2012 12-51-02 PM.png

0 Likes