Revolution GPS
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

The GPS and other location services seem to default to about 50 miles south. Doesn't matter which location service I use. One or all three.

Maps relocates me correctly after a couple of seconds, (I'll assume that's Google) but it starts out in the same place. Could it be my network extender?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Revolution GPS
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Webdon, 

I understand your concern with the GPS service giving you incorrect information. I have reviewed my resources and I am not showing that what you describe is not a known issue for the Revolution. I do not doubt your word, but I would like to ask a couple of questions about this issue, in order to assist you further.

-Is the information off by 50 miles each and every time you use the service? If not, when did this begin?

-Since you mentioned a Network Extender, is it only occurring when in the vicinity of the Network Extender?

-What other GPS services are you using?

Please post back with the information, thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Webdon, 

I understand your concern with the GPS service giving you incorrect information. I have reviewed my resources and I am not showing that what you describe is not a known issue for the Revolution. I do not doubt your word, but I would like to ask a couple of questions about this issue, in order to assist you further.

-Is the information off by 50 miles each and every time you use the service? If not, when did this begin?

-Since you mentioned a Network Extender, is it only occurring when in the vicinity of the Network Extender?

-What other GPS services are you using?

0 Likes
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Seems to have self resolved...

0 Likes
LauraMc

I am having the same issue with my LG Revolution.  The GPS is off by at least 10-15 miles.  I just got the phone Monday which was two days ago.  I was hoping it would resolve itself but it has not.

0 Likes
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good afternoon LauraMc.

I would like to resolve the incorrect GPS issue.  As mentioned in the post above by the first representative, we do need additional information.  If you would please clarify and answer the following questions, it would help us determine what the issue may be so we can get this resolved.  

- Is the information off by 50 miles each and every time you use the service? If not, when did this begin?

- Since you mentioned a Network Extender, is it only occurring when in the vicinity of the Network Extender?

- What other GPS services are you using? (Ex. VZ Navigator, Google Maps)

0 Likes
webdon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an extender. however I no longer have the issue. May have been resolved with the os update or an unknown extender update. Are those updated?

Actuall I think I had the problem with my droid inc that the revo replaced. Had to be extender in my case. It's correct now.

0 Likes