Road Runner Email
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my phone set up for Road Runner email in TampaBay but for some reason December 4 was the last time I was able to send or receive emails.  I now removed the account and attempted several times to re add the account and it won't take the account.  It say server not responding.  Road Runner says this is a problem with my phone

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Road Runner Email
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apparently others are experiencing a similar issue; see posts from Bookworm88 :

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/789510

0 Likes
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

Very interesting, Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Problem with RR mail. I have mine set up. For incoming it shouldn't matter. For outgoing you have to be connected to wifi(which is connected to rr network). I have yet to get my outgoing working without be connected to RR.

0 Likes
ks4347
Enthusiast - Level 1

I thought I was crazy! My husband and I are having the same problem! Bright house and Verizon keep pointing the fingers at each other. Has anyone figured this issue out? I have tried multiple times adding the ingoing and outgoing server info and it contiues to say can not connect to server. Help!

Tidbits
Legend

This is how you can tell is at fault(I believe it's RR).

When I had my email setup I did this.

Connected to home wifi - it worked

Connected to Verizon - it didn't work

Connected to McDonald's wifi - it worked(had agreement with RR for service)

Connected to Coffee&Tea wifi - it didn't work(had agreement with Hawaiian Telcom for service)

From that I deduced you need to be connected to RR to send mail.  I could always receive mail, just not send.

0 Likes
JByrd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. My Road Runner emails stopped working on December 4, and just today I decided to check out this forum. I resolved it by reading through all the topics and decided it was a Verizon problem. I deleted the Road Runner email account on my Charge and added the same account. I had to go to manual settings, the auto failed. The only change I made in the settings was to uncheck the Verizon emaik gateway and Voila! Everything is working again!!!

Thanks for the help.

JByrd

0 Likes
dcastigl
Enthusiast - Level 3

connecting to wifi didn't work for me Smiley Sad

0 Likes
qickslver

Trying to connect my revolution to rr email but I need to know what domain to enter

0 Likes
BubbaRay

why not go to your roadrunner account and then set up forward emails to either a gmail or yahoo account.

0 Likes