Screen Issues with LG G2
lxy133

Having several screen issues with the LG G2

• When on a call, the screen goes black and freezes, and thus, I cannot end the call. Power button does not work to hang up or restart. Eventually it restarts itself. Very annoying, as I've called people, and when the voicemail picks up, I cannot hang up, so they get a recording of about 60 seconds of silence.
  • When using the phone, the screen times out. I have gone into the settings to increase the time out interval, but it does not work. I also don't believe the screen should time out WHILE I'm using the phone. It should only time out when the screen is not being used.
  • When the phone is in landscape mode, I cannot turn on the screen. Each time I knock to wake up, or hit the power button on the back, the screen turns on for a split second, then shuts back off. I can ONLY turn on the screen in portrait mode. This is also very irritating when trying to view something in landscape mode, and the screen times out, and I have to turn the phone to portrait just to get the screen on again.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen Issues with LG G2
Diznavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make sure you are not covering your proximity sensor with a case or screen protector. It sits between your front camera and speaker. Covering it will make the phone do crazy things.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Diznavis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Make sure you are not covering your proximity sensor with a case or screen protector. It sits between your front camera and speaker. Covering it will make the phone do crazy things.

0 Likes
lxy133

Thank you, I will mess with it tonight and see if that is the root cause of all my problems.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Oh yes, there is this other trick which may help - if you need to pull up your dialpad or press end on the call, and the screen is black, just do a flick of the wrist (or crack the whip) gesture with the device.

0 Likes
JulesMart
Enthusiast - Level 2

What finally worked for you to resolve this problem? I'm having the same issue! No wrist-flicking fixes this problem for me Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Wendy867
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wrist flicking does not work for me either and sensor is not covered up.  I am getting really annoyed.

0 Likes
JulesMart
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took my device to the local store and they did a soft reset by holding down the power button and the up button on the back until the screen reset and reloaded. Then everything is back to okay. Good luck!

0 Likes
Wendy867
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think that worked ty..

0 Likes
Wendy867
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope my screen goes black .  There must be something wrong with the sensor. 😞   I just got this refurbish phone last week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Wendy867

I wanted to touch bases with you to see if your screen issues has been resolved. If not then please send us a private message so we can do some advanced troubleshooting.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes