Sim cards in replacement phones
wims

This is probably a stupid question... but at least it's an easy one! Smiley Happy

The touchscreen on my old LG G2 broke.  The insurance company (I was insured) shipped me a new phone that includes a new SIM card.  The SIM card from my old phone still works (and is currently working just fine in my old LG Lucid).  Is there any reason I have to use the new SIM card they sent me, or can I just take the SIM card out of the Lucid and put it in the new G2 and not have to deal with that whole activation rigmarole?

0 Likes
Re: Sim cards in replacement phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you don't have to use the SIM card in the replacement phone. I have a small collection of SIM cards that came with phones and I keep using the first nano SIM card I activated. The same thing happened with the micro SIM card before I switched to a device with a nano SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

wims

Thanks.  I thought so, but I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some nuance I wasn't understanding.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You can use the old SIM, but keep that new one around just in case.  SIM cards tend to go bad at times for some people based on many factors and having a back up keeps you from having to go to a corporate store or order another one offline or over the phone.  Free in any case, but always good to save time.

0 Likes