Something is depleating the battery in less than 8 hours of standby with only wi-fi active. Suspect a looping process. Should I do a factory reset?
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Battery usage showed 28% for Android os

0 Likes
Re: Something is depleating the battery in less than 8 hours of standby with only wi-fi active. Suspect a looping process. Should I do a factory reset?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rozzer

I completely understand how important it is to make sure your phone has the battery life you need. Let's check our options to improve this! Before a factory reset, you can try running your phone in Safe Mode and see if the battery life is extended. Here's how: http://vz.to/1kw6zVM

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Something is depleating the battery in less than 8 hours of standby with only wi-fi active. Suspect a looping process. Should I do a factory reset?
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Will do. Not a great cell signal here but old flip phone battery lasted 4 to 5 days before it was down to 50%.

Giving it a full charge -

Thanks,

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Smartphone batteries don't last as long as the basic phones. Smartphones have more things it does, but poor signal will cause the battery to drain.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Check this info.  From settings in the pull down shade go to battery and click  on the battery.  Ckick on Cell Standby.  If you have lost signal it will state the amount of "Time without signal."  that and the screen are huge power killers.

0 Likes
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cell standby was 4% but Android System was 28%

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

But time without signal was?

0 Likes
rozzer
Enthusiast - Level 3

And time without a signal is 0

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The user asked for the details under the Cell Standby not the general percentage of the battery used.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Right now my cell staby is 14 and system is 9 with 1-2% use an hour.  I ussually get about 1 day and a half on a full charge from 230am until 3pm the next day.  I have no time without signal and thats 4 hours screen on time.

0 Likes