The flash on my LG G2 shines for a really long time before taking a picture...
JKLCO

The flash on my LG G2 shines for a really long time before taking a picture, which comes out green.  My husband has an LG G2 as well but is not experienceing this problem.  Any suggestions as to what is causing this?  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The flash on my LG G2 shines for a really long time before taking a picture...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying all of those picture options, JKLCO. Please place your phone into Safe Mode using the steps at http://vz.to/1tHpSzA and try taking a picture again to see if there's a difference in the flash timing.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: The flash on my LG G2 shines for a really long time before taking a picture...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's quite an unusual problem JKLCO! May I ask when this issue began on your device? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far? Are you using a third party camera app, or the stock app in the device?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JKLCO

I noticed it started happening around the beginning of June. It was fine before then. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the details, JKLCO. I happen to have the G2 myself and, like your husband, don't have the pictures coming out green either but I do know that if you have the flash turned on instead of on auto, it does tend to flash longer. Are you using any special camera application from Google's Play Store to take the pictures? Do pictures come out green when you have the flash turned off?

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
JKLCO

Thank you for the response. No, I am using the standard camera in both auto flash and flash on mode. When the flash is off the pictures taken in good-enough light come out ok but I can’t take night pics, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmm. Thanks, JKLCO. It's normal for a phone to take longer to focus in lower light, but the green is not normal. Do you happen to have a case on your phone? Or anything that may be covering the sensor in the back on the phone near the camera? If you take the picture with flash on in good light, does the green appear as well?

JenniferH_VZW

JKLCO

I tried a few different options.  In good light, the flash was fine and quick but in medium to poor light, with the case on or off, it lit up for 7 full seconds before taking the picture.  I tried the same shot with my husband's LgG2 and his was a good 3 seconds faster.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you trying all of those picture options, JKLCO. Please place your phone into Safe Mode using the steps at http://vz.to/1tHpSzA and try taking a picture again to see if there's a difference in the flash timing.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes