Unfortunately, messaging has stopped
ozzie989

I just started get a "unfortunately messaging has stopped " message every time I try to open my messages. Anyone know what could be causing this?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unfortunately, messaging has stopped
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Shut down your message app and clear both cache and data , next reboot  phone. When phone powers on go to your device apps manager and restart your message app and setup. If message app is no longer on the main screen it will be necessary to go to your  apps icon on the screen and long press, drag and drop the icon back on the screen. Also check to be sure data is turned on. This should restore you message service if you have no other problems.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Have you used any other app for messaging recently?  Clear the apps cache in app manager in settings.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Too many messages?  Try going into your app manager and clearing the cache for the messages app.  Or simply try rebooting the phone - sometimes that's all it takes to get things working better.

Snn5
Legend

Too many messages is possible, but you can always delete a few threads and limit the size or number of texts before overwriting the next.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Shut down your message app and clear both cache and data , next reboot  phone. When phone powers on go to your device apps manager and restart your message app and setup. If message app is no longer on the main screen it will be necessary to go to your  apps icon on the screen and long press, drag and drop the icon back on the screen. Also check to be sure data is turned on. This should restore you message service if you have no other problems.