Update install leads to slow charge and battery drain
blueb
Enthusiast - Level 1

What's with the slow charge and fast battery drain after the update install?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update install leads to slow charge and battery drain
Snn5
Legend

I decided to do it right, as much as possible this time.  Charge to 100%, leave plugged into stock charger, backup, wipe, reboot, disable data, enable wifi, download and install update, reboot, and all while still plugged in.  I let phone die last night and it took 45 min to fully charge this morning.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too was wondering why my battery is draining so fast after the lollipop upgrade, and now that you mention it, the charge time is slower, and I'm doing it more often. My phone also slowed down, takes more than a second to register my inputs.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

The phone's operating system needs to optimize and this causes more battery use. Down the road 3 to 5 days all of  your levels should settle back to norms or perhaps better, if all is working correct.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

After clean install I have 9 hours on time,  2.5 hours screen on time, 1.5 hours GPS on Here Maps and at 51%, with 3% use expected per hour and 16 hours remaining.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I decided to do it right, as much as possible this time.  Charge to 100%, leave plugged into stock charger, backup, wipe, reboot, disable data, enable wifi, download and install update, reboot, and all while still plugged in.  I let phone die last night and it took 45 min to fully charge this morning.

0 Likes
Speakit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did a factory reset 2 Apr, the phone battery seems to be back to normal, but I guess time will tell. I still haven’t tested all functions but for the most part the S5 is back.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your S5 or G2?

0 Likes