Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What app opens URL's? What app enables animation in emails or attachments?
Ohioguy215

I'm thinking I must have disabled something I should not have.  For example, if I find a subject in Google, I cannot open because there is no app to open it.  And if someone sends me an animated attachment and I open it, it is not animated for me even though it is on their G2.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Re: What app opens URL's? What app enables animation in emails or attachments?
justinfi

Hmm, I find your post confusing.... can you provide any more details and maybe some of us might be able to help you better?

0 Likes
Re: What app opens URL's? What app enables animation in emails or attachments?
Ohioguy215

Sorry justinfi, yes it is confusing.  I saw some similar posts dating back to 2010 and 2011 stating the problem more simply.  When some sends me an animated GIF, the picture is OK when I open the email but there is no animation.  And the previous posts didn't seem to have a clear answer except that the lack of animation might be for security purposes. 

In my initial post, I suggested that I may have disabled an APP that would have allowed me to receive the same animated GIF that was sent.

Hope that clears the confusion a bit.  Thanks.

0 Likes