Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

When Verizon replaces your phone due to warranty defect, is it a brand new one?
moedl2011
Enthusiast

My text messaging wasnt working, so they are sending me a new one, will it b brand new like the one i already have?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When Verizon replaces your phone due to warranty defect, is it a brand new one?
Not applicable

Recondition Certified like new device. (Second Hand)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When Verizon replaces your phone due to warranty defect, is it a brand new one?
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast

My G2 warranty replacement was a refurb.

Not applicable

Recondition Certified like new device. (Second Hand)

Good Luck

0 Likes
moedl2011
Enthusiast

That's BULL. why even bother then? if i wanted a USED phone,, i would've ordered it off of EBAY

Not applicable

That is what the warranty states. I did not make the rule.

Good Luck

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Super User
Super User

moedl2011 wrote:

if i wanted a USED phone,, i would've ordered it off of EBAY

If this is a problem, maybe you should do that next time because you will not find a cellphone manufacturer which will give you a brand new replacement phone for a warranty issue.

hollywood_s14
Enthusiast

doesn't verizon offer an insurance package that will provide a brand new device rather than a certified like new? I swear i was given this option a couple years ago when i bought my Spectrum.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Super User
Super User

No, the insurance normally will only get you a refurbished device.

0 Likes
hollywood_s14
Enthusiast

must have been a short lived thing. I know tye gave me the options for like $10 for regular insurance or like $15 for a brand new oe replacement insurance. Now it looks like its all just that total equipment coverage.

moedl2011
Enthusiast

Will I get a brand new one through asurion or a refurbished one?

0 Likes