When can I be rid of this phone? Upgrade date?
baron_biggs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased my first LG G2 in November of 2013 and am currently on my 3rd phone, as the first 2 experienced major hardware malfunctions with the touchscreen that rendered the devices unusable.  This 3rd one worked fine for a few months and now it's a complete pain to deal with. Autocorrect doesn't work, sometimes the screen turns out and then doesn't respond at all, sometimes I'll be in the middle of something and it'll just revert back to the lock screen and not respond so I have to turn off the screen and turn it back on, unlock it and SURPRISE!!! back to the lock screen for no reason again!  I've asked every time I get one replaced if I can please just have a Galaxy S4 since it's pretty much the equivalent and they always say "If you keep having problems, perhaps we can work something out."  I don't think that's ever going to happen... What I'm trying to say is I absolutely hate this phone.

I looked at my account and it says my upgrade date isn't until November of 2015 (a full 2 years). Someone please tell me there's a way of getting away from this phone sooner than that? Please....

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: When can I be rid of this phone? Upgrade date?
Snn5
Legend

Yes there is!  You can buy a phone at full retail cost or you can buy off of Swappa.com or Amazon.com.  You can also ask about Early Edge for which you will turn in the G2 and receive most likely the Droid MAXX and pay for that phone for 2 years or when it's paid off or 75% is paid you can Edge up to another phone from there.  You can also sell that phone and use the money to buy another phone. Or, use a friends phone or a spare.  You can turn in that G2 for the Early Edge offered phone (whichever one they offer, you don't get to choose)  as long as it is damage free from drops, cracks or water.

0 Likes