Why are my text messages showing up in the stock e-mail app?
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since the KK update, every text message also shows up in the stock email app.  How can I turn this off?  I don't need to see my texts in the Verizon Messages app AND the email app.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: This started with KK update: How can I stop my text messages from showing up stock email?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the settings in the Mail app for the email account. The Galaxy S4 had a setting buried in the Email application to have the text messages also sent to the Mail application. Once it is turned off, then the behavior stopped. The LG G2 might have a similar setting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: This started with KK update:  How can I stop my text messages from showing up stock email?
Snn5
Legend

I'm not sure what's going on here myself.  IDK why a text would show in your email.  Unless you're using Hangouts to text with and the conversations are stored in your Chat Folder within Gmail.  I don't use Hangouts and I use the Gmail app rather than setting up a gmail account within the stock email app.  (Gmail is instant push and the stock app is intermittent.)

0 Likes
Re: This started with KK update:  How can I stop my text messages from showing up stock email?
Josiedan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, S. I use the stock email for work emails and the GMail app for my personal email. Text messages are intermingling with my work emails on stock app. Not using hangouts.

0 Likes
Re: This started with KK update: How can I stop my text messages from showing up stock email?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the settings in the Mail app for the email account. The Galaxy S4 had a setting buried in the Email application to have the text messages also sent to the Mail application. Once it is turned off, then the behavior stopped. The LG G2 might have a similar setting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes